PDA

View Full Version : C3350 can only scan single page at a time

Custom Search

wseyller
05-05-2015, 05:09 PM
We have this model at several locations for one customer using same email server at customers main office.

They can only scan one page or it fails. Two pages will not work so it is not a size limitation. This location only has two of them sitting side by side and both show the same issue. Was just installed last Friday.

Have not seen it at the other locations so far. This location is a good distance away so just wanted to know if anyone has seen anything similiar.

First thing that popped in my head was a HDD issue.

They don't scan any other way so I would probably check to see if I can scan multiple pages to userbox or smb.

They should be configured for compact pdf and I know there is a multipage settings but even if set to page separation instead you should see multiple attachments, not failure.

mo0651
05-05-2015, 10:28 PM
Update firmware to latest. Always issues with these out of the box.

blackcat4866
05-05-2015, 10:32 PM
Is that email server at the other end of a virtual private network? I've seen where an email relay was required because of the extraordinarily slow network communication speed. =^..^=

wseyller
05-05-2015, 11:26 PM
Is that email server at the other end of a virtual private network? I've seen where an email relay was required because of the extraordinarily slow network communication speed. =^..^=
I don't know specifics of the exchange server except the building it resides in. It is located in Asheville NC and the papercut server in the same building. Copiers at locations all over western NC authenticate and print to the papercut servers and is very fast.

The location with these two copiers are also very fast to authenticate and print so I believe the connection is very good.

I'm headed there in the morning so I will report my findings.

wseyller
05-06-2015, 02:01 PM
Apparently I wasn't given accurate information. They were now telling me 3 or 4 pages would be able to scan. So it was just setting PDF to compact PDF. They have a 10MB limit.

Custom Search