PDA

View Full Version : Office365 settings for scan to email on C224 range

Custom Search

earney
05-06-2015, 05:00 PM
Can anyone help with getting office 365 settings into machines to enable the emails to work.

Its only for sending out meter counts so dont need any incoming settings.

I have tried every thing i can think off but no luck always produces an error - not sure if theres anything else apart from the below image which needs configured and do I need to do anything on my office 365 end? (I have blanked out my user id)

repoocynot
05-06-2015, 05:12 PM
On the office365 accounts iv configured it needs a device email address & admin address &a user account the same as the device email address & password

speedtek
05-06-2015, 08:05 PM
If the machine has a self-signed certificate from the factory, delete it. I have found consistently lately that this fixes the "Office 365 Problem".

Dilwod
05-06-2015, 08:33 PM
If it is only being used for sending out meters, create a g mail account and use those settings in the MFP.

earney
05-07-2015, 11:02 AM
If it is only being used for sending out meters, create a g mail account and use those settings in the MFP.

I had set up a gmail account for this reason, it sent out the test emails but never actually sent the meter billing at the specified date.

Ill try the other options.

Mr Spock
05-08-2015, 04:13 AM
The office 365 server account needs to be an "admin" type account.
User name and email have to match and correct password for the account.

rrrohan
05-11-2015, 02:43 PM
I dont use outlook365 smtp address i use the customers ISP mail server

Also turn off SSL
No authentication

earney
05-14-2015, 10:38 AM
Think I may be sorted. Using a website called postmark which send emails through its smtp server. Just setup a new account with your email details and you can use its smtp server rather that the 365 one. You then just need to enter the postmark smtp address, port number and the API key it gives you for both the username and password.

Working on my old B&W hopefully it will work ok on the C224.

rrrohan
05-14-2015, 11:06 AM
Think I may be sorted. Using a website called postmark which send emails through its smtp server. Just setup a new account with your email details and you can use its smtp server rather that the 365 one. You then just need to enter the postmark smtp address, port number and the API key it gives you for both the username and password.

Working on my old B&W hopefully it will work ok on the C224.
Why not just use the isp smtp server. Its only outbound so it wont matter

earney
05-14-2015, 11:22 AM
Would that not involve setting it up individually per office depending on their isp?

rrrohan
05-14-2015, 11:54 AM
Would that not involve setting it up individually per office depending on their isp?

Well youd want it individual anyway if cust 8s using scan to email for privacy reasons. Or you just use it for total counter and status notification

earney
05-15-2015, 01:31 PM
See my situation is we put out copiers on meter billing. Some of our customers have IT who will set up the email settings, that's all good I can just set to email us the meter readings. Most of our customers don't have dedicated IT and do not need or want emails set up so that's why I was looking just to have one set of settings I can put into all these who do not use emails and just turn of the email function but leave the meter reading to send out every month.

It's quicker and this way I can set up before it leaves our shop.

wseyller
05-15-2015, 11:45 PM
See my situation is we put out copiers on meter billing. Some of our customers have IT who will set up the email settings, that's all good I can just set to email us the meter readings. Most of our customers don't have dedicated IT and do not need or want emails set up so that's why I was looking just to have one set of settings I can put into all these who do not use emails and just turn of the email function but leave the meter reading to send out every month.

It's quicker and this way I can set up before it leaves our shop.
I would just create a free gmail account and you could use the same account on all copiers. Only problem with using the same account is if something happens to it like the password changed accidentally then every copier would be affected. Creating a new account each time would be safer.

For customers that want scan to email and don't have their own email server I just create a gmail account for them.

slimslob
05-16-2015, 12:38 AM
Office 365 normally requires TLS/StartTLS for SMTP. Many MFP devices, especially older ones, do not support TLS, some do not even support SSL. To use Office 365 you may have to setup a SMTP Relay. Please see the following: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn554323.aspx

So far every customer that I have that is using Office 365 has had an IT provider who is fully aware of this requirement and has just given me the URL for the relay.

earney
07-14-2015, 10:46 PM
Your scan to email is turned off in your SMTP setting.
Seriously? Did you read my first post?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

JR2ALTA
07-15-2015, 01:25 AM
I would just create a free gmail account and you could use the same account on all copiers. Only problem with using the same account is if something happens to it like the password changed accidentally then every copier would be affected. Creating a new account each time would be safer.

For customers that want scan to email and don't have their own email server I just create a gmail account for them.

Another problem with that is the customer's security. Many people just walk up to the copier and say "oh neat, scan to email" and poof it works. But their using your Gmail account and therefore you can see a copy of everything they scan. If you were unethical.

wseyller
07-15-2015, 01:43 AM
Another problem with that is the customer's security. Many people just walk up to the copier and say "oh neat, scan to email" and poof it works. But their using your Gmail account and therefore you can see a copy of everything they scan. If you were unethical.
What I have been doing for a while now is helping the customer go through the procedure of setting up the gmail account so that they are the ones with the password.

In the past years there was a single gmail account that was sometimes used on copiers for many customers. Somehow it was determined that one of the customers got the password somehow for that account and changed it. This caused many copiers to not scan to email and it cause days of helpdesk calls to fix it. What a bad idea that was.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

allan
08-31-2015, 05:43 PM
Installing a C284e today. Every thing works great even airprint removed all the apple devices from my list. I hate apple but it works. Same office 365 problem and gmail also acts up. My test gmail account fails to login mailing me a login warning, the new one i created does not work at all. There ISP use authentication and no accounts exist yet.
Its not DNS that works.

Then they gave me an office 365 account with the wrong password. Tested that with outlook. So something simple turns into an epic mission.

http://file:///C:/Users/Zephter/Downloads/configure-smtp-relay-for-office-365.pdf

So a certificate problem?

rrrohan
09-01-2015, 12:59 AM
Installing a C284e today. Every thing works great even airprint removed all the apple devices from my list. I hate apple but it works. Same office 365 problem and gmail also acts up. My test gmail account fails to login mailing me a login warning, the new one i created does not work at all. There ISP use authentication and no accounts exist yet.
Its not DNS that works.

Then they gave me an office 365 account with the wrong password. Tested that with outlook. So something simple turns into an epic mission.

http://file:///C:/Users/Zephter/Downloads/configure-smtp-relay-for-office-365.pdf

So a certificate problem?
It's so frustrating when it's using SSL so you can't even wireshark capture

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

NeoMatrix
09-01-2015, 01:37 AM
If you decide to use Gmail SSL/TLS your server Ports will be :
Outgoing : 465 (smtp)
Incoming : 995 (PoP)

example:
pop.gmail.com (incoming)
smtp.gmail.com(outgoing)

Normal Email.
Outgoing : 25
Incoming : 110

I use PoP because I can store email to local folders and delete immediately off the server.

HTH

allan
09-02-2015, 03:58 PM
OK deleting the certificate fix the problem.

wseyller
09-03-2015, 04:05 AM
With gmail nowadays I've been having to enable "less secure apps" after creating a new account.

Normally after logged in to the new account I just google the work "less secure apps" and it takes me there. Set "turn Off' to "turn on".

Also this is the hyperlink I see when on this page: https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

Also if port 465 doesn't work on ssl then try 587 with StartTls or vise vera. Sometimes that helps make it work when having problems

Edit: also thanks for the tips with deleting the cert. I never thought of that. I will check that for now on if I have problems. From using Papercut I am familiar with the larger machines like C654e won't have a certificate from the factory but the smaller machines like C224e will have one that I normally delete and re-create when setting up Papercut on the device.

Custom Search