PDA

View Full Version : C3850 fax with VOIP

Custom Search

wseyller
05-07-2015, 03:36 AM
Customer has multiple locations. At a branch office they have one C3850. This is the only copier they have. All other locations have E series bizhubs and no other C3850 copiers. They all fax.

They have a dedicated analog line that is pulled into the voip server so it can handle the call flow. All the bizhubs are set up this way. The analog line goes into the shoretel punch block and is then controlled by the shoretel system.

Issue with the C3850 is it cannot any sent faxes. I was able to receive one. I can hear it dial then hear transmission noise and after a moment it fails. Don't think it ever worked right. There were some OKs in the TX log but very low % went thru. Hooked a phone up to the line. Phone calls sound good. Swapped out cable with a new 2 conductor cable.

Has latest firmware. KMBS support had me turn off dial tone detection. I also tried lower baud rate. I am not familiar diagnosing fax issues on this model. KMBS of course will not give any further support on this one.

My service manager is trying to reach out to our DSM for information.

Anyone have anything that could help me resolve. This is big account so we want to try to make it work.

Gift
05-07-2015, 08:11 AM
Next step: disable V8/V34 protocol, set TX/RX speed to 4800bps

Hector L
04-24-2017, 02:12 AM
you could also turn off ecm

toshibadale
05-03-2017, 05:21 PM
Try using 10 digit numbers. area code plus number, even for local calls. VOIP requires 10 digit.

darry1322
05-03-2017, 08:34 PM
you could also turn off ecm

This sometimes works because turning off ECM turns off V34.

The same effect can be had by just turning off V34 and leaving ECM on so that garbage data isn't just printed out on the page but is re-transmitted to get good data.

Vikingrepairguy
05-04-2017, 02:08 PM
double check to make sure the marketing area is correct in the service menu

Custom Search