PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C224 touch panel not responding when tap

Custom Search

slytukana
05-07-2015, 02:30 PM
Hi guys,

I have a bizhub C224 touch panel faulty. I upgrade FW but still can not. The touch panel is responding. Only the top part is responding. The counter and accessibility, centre and bottom is not no errors displays.

Thanks

wseyller
05-07-2015, 10:37 PM
Make sure the cable from panel to MFP board is seated good. Otherwise replace the panel or even try a new cable.

slytukana
05-07-2015, 11:35 PM
Thanks I will try that..

hood4472
05-08-2015, 10:56 PM
Have you run the touch panel adjustment in service mode? Had similar problems on other machines that would need to be recalibrated. Good luck.

Robin

C.Vallon
05-09-2015, 12:36 AM
How old is the unit and how heavily used? Sounds to me that the panel has suffered some type of trauma that has caused the unit to become partially unresponsive.

You could try to "reseat" the touch screen, off chance that it has become "loose" and "unsecured" over the course of it's use, though I assume this would be a rare issue.

Was it unresponsive prior to the FW upgrade? Or was the FW upgrade an attempt to correct the issue? If it only happened after the FW update, I'd rollback to the previous version that was confirmed to work.

If it was already defective prior to the FW upgrade, it's likely the unit is faulty and should be replaced, even if "reseating' it works, it will likely end up happening again.

slytukana
05-10-2015, 01:11 PM
I can not recalibrate the touch panel coz the touch panel can not respond when you tab an option. The unit is 3 years old and it happen when they we printing. I try installed FW but still the same problem. I try removing the panel and testing it on a different machine still the same. I am intending now to order a new control panel.

Thanks all

fixthecopier
05-10-2015, 02:19 PM
konica touch panels are known to go out. May as well replace them as soon as they act up. I have never had one recalibrate. Probably changed a couple hundred on Bizhubs. On the last contract I had 300 Bizhubs on, they were dropping like flies. You could see the reinforced ribbon plug in on the replacements. Konica was passing them out free for a while.

Hansoon
05-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Guy's are these resistive touch panels with the 4-wire ribbon cable like in the previous bizhub models like C-280-360 series or are they the new capacitive style from the "e" series?

Hans

blackcat4866
05-10-2015, 07:19 PM
I don't know the answer to your question Hans. The tablet does not come separately on the C224, C284, C364 series.
Does this help?:

for North America B: A161 M706 03
for Europe C: A161 M707 03

There doesn't appear to be any mention of the tablet technology in the service manual.
If I were to offer an uninformed opinion, I would say it looks more the the "e" series panel.
=^..^=

EarthKmTech
05-10-2015, 11:07 PM
the new panels on 4 series are not resistive they are capacitive.

We had several fail when they first came out but seem to of settled - now the enormous issue is c3350/c3850 touch panels failing with spares supply barely keeping up with the failures. At around $800 each kiss goodbye any profit on those desktop machines.

rrrohan
05-11-2015, 02:26 PM
This is why the e series went with out the slide system

Can you do the firmware touch panel adjustment (put firmware in and bootup as if about to do a trouble reset)

Or is that only on the e series. Been a while since working on the non e range

slytukana
05-11-2015, 10:27 PM
rrrohan it's not a 'e' series comes without slide system. I try what you said to put FW on bootup and see what happens..

habik
08-12-2015, 02:10 PM
I have the same issue. Machine has done 0 clicks, and it was probably as a backup. The panel is just playing its own tune... can't do much with it or re-calibrate. Gonna give FW a try then try re-seating it, but have very low hopes.

Nice suggestions here guys, thanks!

Custom Search