PDA

View Full Version : Error c-2555 on C252 after taking out IU

Custom Search

alejandro
05-16-2008, 03:48 PM
HI all. I took out the Yellow IU to clean it (I did not know I could do that) by mistake, the printer was printing blury and with a fading yellow color. Now the printer is giving me an error c-2555. I dont know what to do. Im in the Dominican Republic and I dont want to call a Tech yet. I rather get instructions for one of the experts in this site.

I also have the same problem with my c351, only that the code number is diferent. This happen after I emptyed the the waste toner box ( Im not sure if I could do that either, but i figured that I could just empty it and put it back.)

help

Thank you all in advance.

ni311
05-16-2008, 04:31 PM
C2555: Abnormally low toner density detected Yellow TCR Sensor
How did you clean it?!
Check if the unit is installed correctly, and check if you have yellow toner in the toner cartridge.
Also, you may try to reset the code as follow:

1. Power off the machine from the main switch
2. Press the Utility/Counter button
3. Power on the machine and keep holding down the Utility button until Trouble/Reset button pops up on the touch screen
4. Release Utility/Counter and touch Trouble Reset button; under it, ok should be displayed.
5. Power it off and then on.

I hope this will help you.

PS: What is the error code on C351?

alejandro
05-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I did the reset steps and It worked ok. I still have the printing problem. The colors look too red. Is there any way that I can reset or calibrate the colors?
I dint know how to do it..
thanks

ni311
05-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Try to calibrate following the steps below:
1. Go into the Service Mode (Utility/Counter -> Details -> [Stop] [0] [0] [Stop] [0] [1]
2. Go to Image Process Adjustment
3. Check Dev. Bias Choice to be OFF
4. Gradation Adjust
5. For every button under Gradation Adjust menu, make at least 3 prints/read outs or until the values are not jumping up and down.

alejandro
05-17-2008, 05:51 PM
I still have problem with the colors on the machine. I tried the image adjustment and still not work. I think the yellow ink is not printing the way it should (I do get a message to replace soon de yellow) but I dont think this could cause the problem with the color. And also the pages are printing dirty....

The error code I get from the c351 is C-3451. and I have problem with the touch panel. I posted this here before http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/8321-bizhub-c351-touch-screen-problem-2.html

help please.

thanks

alejandro
05-19-2008, 09:06 PM
prints still coming fussy and dirty. I checked the REd rolls and they seems a bit dirty with some letters on them and every time I clean them with a rotation the dirt comes back. Please help, where do I need to clean so the prints are nice and clean again? I tried the image adjustment didn't work

mitchl
05-19-2008, 09:29 PM
You really need to find a local tech, the problems you are having are not uncommon but normally over the head of most operators.:eek:

Let me ask you this, when you had the IU out for "CLEANING" did you happen to turn the unit vertical? If so turn the machine off pull out the yellow IU hold it horizontal and shake it side to side 5 or 6 times, reason being if you turned the thing on its end all the DV went to one side and may not have leveled out during stabilization............ Put the unit back in and turn the machine on and see what happens.

alejandro
05-20-2008, 01:43 AM
Hi all. I just re-insert the IU and shake 5 to 6 times vertically, I adjusted the graduation, and the prints still coming out dirty. Im not sure whats going on, everything seems to be fine. One of the things I noticed is that the yellow ink is not printing (the machine gives a msj to replace the Y ink soon) I have this msj before, but the ink still should be printing fine. any advise?

Does anyone knows were I can get a manual for this machine?

thanks a lot

mitchl
05-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Hi all. I just re-insert the IU and shake 5 to 6 times vertically, I adjusted the graduation, and the prints still coming out dirty. Im not sure whats going on, everything seems to be fine. One of the things I noticed is that the yellow ink is not printing (the machine gives a msj to replace the Y ink soon) I have this msj before, but the ink still should be printing fine. any advise?

Does anyone knows were I can get a manual for this machine?

thanks a lot
Shaking it side to side would be horizontal, not vertical............. At any rate replace the yellow toner NOW! By the way what did your gradation adjustment consist of? If you go into utility and look at the life counters, how many blocks are full at this point?

alejandro
05-20-2008, 05:55 PM
thanks to all of you for your help.
the machine still printing kind of blurry. I'm don't think that the graduation
adjustment that I did worked. I'll try to do again later on. Another problem
I got this mourning was that the machine is asking for a toner waste replacement. Is it posible to emty this out and put it back in? Or can it be resset? Thanks

mitchl
05-20-2008, 06:25 PM
At some point you may want to stop trying to cheat the devil and get your equipment serviced properly. The waste toner container gets replaced unless you have the proper vacuum and 3 hands........ Just replace it! In regards to the gradation you attempted, god only knows, I'm surprised that it didn't fail the stabilizer given the low TCR of the one IU. I take it you are selling the copies off these machines and if that's the case you may want to reinvest some of the revenues back into the machines so you have a decent product to sell.

DadO
05-20-2008, 06:31 PM
I have c252 whit blury picture. I'm going to service it tommorow and if i found "the" problem:), I will replay

Even tho thinking that moisture is a problem and she reached an "area" where it shouldn't be....

btw. my machine has 9 k prints.. :eek:

Custom Search