PDA

View Full Version : 5500i pausing while copying

Custom Search

tmaged
05-08-2015, 03:08 AM
http://youtu.be/SYmKAgZyTR4

5500i with latest firmware. Have tried a new fusing unit per hotline call. Going to try memory tomorrow. Have tried running with network cable disconnected. Curious if anyone has seen this. The counter stops & the machine keeps printing pages until it realizes it's count is off. It then pauses until it catches up. Hopefully you can hear that in the audio. Also, it doesn't always pause at the same count. In this instance, it happened to be at pages 30, but it seems to happen randomly & frequently.

jmaister
05-08-2015, 04:47 AM
uhh... that's not fuser's problem. Its like the buffer still works, the count is correct yes? So that and the background services is working properly to a extent.
bring a HDD if you have one.

does it happen when you are in the "reserve next priority: off" mode? it'd be a different counting screen.(system menu > copy)

i wonder if anybody tweaked the maintenance mode...backup everything and factory reset?

darry1322
05-08-2015, 01:42 PM
I would start out with running mm917 to save the HDD data. Then format the drive and reinstall data with 917. Save the data from 917 in case you need to replace the drive.

blackcat4866
05-09-2015, 03:26 AM
I like your idea of the DIMM memory. It's as though the short term image memory freezes, then eventually clears itself. Then like jmaister suggests: HDD reformat immediately followed by firmware.

Out of curiosity I would be interested in the current buffer settings. Does it do the same thing from your laptop via crossover? Printing from USB? Printing test captures?

Keep us posted on your progress. =^..^=

Tonerkiller
05-11-2015, 09:15 PM
I would start by fixing that squeak, then I would clean the fan filters.

tmaged
05-12-2015, 01:13 AM
I went back today & tried setting the machine to factory default in the web page, as suggested by the hotline. It didn't make a difference, so I replaced the HDD. I figured with the work I was going to have to do installing the apps & setting Papercut back up, it wasn't worth trying to format the drive & then replace it later. Hopefully this may save someone some time down the road. Thanks for the input.

blackcat4866
05-13-2015, 02:11 AM
I'm glad that worked for you.

Recently I've found myself in similar situations. I really wanted to change the logic board on a Toshiba, but did not want the accompanying flack I was going to get for screwing up Papercut. It actually pushed me in the right direction. The logic board would have been unnecessary. =^..^=

tmaged
05-13-2015, 02:39 AM
I should have tried the HDD first as that was my inclination. Thinking it through (afterwards), I would've tried the HDD & if that didn't remedy it, stuck the original drive back in, not losing anything.

Custom Search