PDA

View Full Version : FS-532 jamming J7217

Custom Search

blackcat4866
05-09-2015, 04:13 AM
It took me a while to get there ... but I got there.

It's on my favorite PRESS 1052, and only jams to the main elevator tray when sorting or offset sort, but not stapling. I got two clues which I ignored for far too long:
1) two nicks in the leading edge slightly front of center.
2) paper stalled on the horizontal path to the main tray just shy of the exit rollers.

When I cleaned the finisher rollers I actually got a few pages to pass. When the clouds began to clear from my mind, I compared the nicked leading edge to the configuration of rollers, flappers and mylars at the exit. Obviously, the jam is happening somewhere between PS1 at the finisher entrance and PS10 at the exit (Wow! That helps! Just the whole finisher.)

At the very last set of exit rollers there is a black mylar intended to guide the paper over the two flippy arms (do you like that technical terminology? "flippy arms" I made that up myself.) That center part of the mylar is doubled up, and in this case had worn through one of the layers. The exiting paper was dragging on the central layer of two sided tape that sticks the two sides together.

Since the intention seems to be to guide the paper over the edge of those flippy arms, I figured it didn't really need the central part of that mylar to perform it's function, so I snipped out the worn part leaving a reptilian forked tongue.

I've ordered the mylar. It will take a month to get, and be a treat to install like the rest of the finisher mylars, but I think it will work until then. Count?: 2.3M
Part #: A4F3 9041 11 Guide Sheet Black

Note the interesting twist to the pictured finger. If you want one just like that, you can feed it into the registration clutch drive of a Mita DC-3255. Then yank it out. I won't improve your dexterity though. It's only good for reaching around corners. =^..^=

Hansoon
05-09-2015, 05:14 AM
"flippy arms", "reptilian forked tongue"

Cat, you created real gems with those words. KonicaMinolta would have called them, - regardless of their function,
with their favorite, "Guide" or "Holder"

What's wrong with that beautiful finger? As long as it works for nose picking nothing to complain about.

Hans

blackcat4866
05-10-2015, 01:29 AM

=^..^=

Hansoon
05-10-2015, 05:25 AM
Cat, when installing another reptilian forked tongue don't forget to have a look at the frimwar too.

Hans

blackcat4866
05-12-2015, 12:42 AM
The replacement mylar looks very familiarly like the trim job I did the other day. =^..^=

Hansoon
05-12-2015, 06:28 AM
The replacement mylar looks very familiarly like the trim job I did the other day

I've ordered the mylar. It will take a month to get

Whut?? A month passed already?? Where have I been?

Hans

pepper38_cnd
05-12-2015, 11:32 AM
I'm not sure if you solved your problem yet. But the little black fingers that stack the paper ( the manual calls them "The Grippers" ) have a tendency to crack right at the shaft. If one appears to sit just slightly higher than the other it's a sure bet that it is cracked. Fun job to change! I have one running right now without the Grippers as they are on back order here.

blackcat4866
05-13-2015, 01:52 AM
Whut?? A month passed already?? Where have I been?

Hans

Nope. The office guys were setting up a new one, and when I pointed out that mylar it looked suspiciously like my trim job.

I'm not sure if you solved your problem yet. But the little black fingers that stack the paper ( the manual calls them "The Grippers" ) have a tendency to crack right at the shaft. If one appears to sit just slightly higher than the other it's a sure bet that it is cracked. Fun job to change! I have one running right now without the Grippers as they are on back order here.

I'm sure they'll be next. I think those are my "flippy arms". The ones that pull down the trailing edge of the paper when it's floating down onto the elevator tray? I'm assuming you'll have to access them from the inside, with the stacker tray assembly removed, because I wasn't making any headway at all from the elevator tray side. It works without them .. sort of? =^..^=

blackcat4866
05-13-2015, 04:57 PM

Crap! The right one is already cracked and standing a little taller than the left. Alas, more parts to order. If you get to it first let me know about the installation.

What led you to find this pepper38? Happenstance, or a specific symptom?

By the way, the exit mylar was very easy to install. Two short 3mm screws with a stubby, and the whole guide came right off. It was a pleasant surprise. The only hard part was locating the screws when I dropped them unceremoniously in the stacker tray.

=^..^=

D_L_P
05-13-2015, 05:39 PM
You even gave the jam code and finisher model so 6 months from if we see that issue it might jog our memory, or not depending on how long we've been doing this.
Thanks for the info!

blackcat4866
07-01-2015, 02:25 AM

Well my flippy arms gave out today. I got C1155 codes, and the front arm snags on the center feature, and it sputters and vibrates trying to rotate. It's been 6 weeks and naturally I don't have the part yet, so I did a MacGuyver. It's the tray shift mechanism that was preventing me from getting the assembly out. Hopefully it will take less than 3 hours to install the new part, the next time.

=^..^=

blackcat4866
07-03-2015, 12:48 AM
Second time around: 55 minutes. This old dog can learn a new trick or two. =^..^=

pepper38_cnd
07-03-2015, 12:17 PM
55 Min is pretty good considering the amount of dis-assembly. How much time did the McGuyver take? By the way great pics!

blackcat4866
07-04-2015, 12:08 AM
55 Min is pretty good considering the amount of dis-assembly. How much time did the McGuyver take? By the way great pics!

15 minutes, #67 drill bit and hand driver, 1 SPC (small paper clip), a few drops of cyanoacetate, and the small duck-bills to shape the wire. The new style part is re-designed, such that the 12mm cylindrical end that rests up against the roll pin is separate, and consequently doesn't need to break off any more. =^..^=

andyf424
01-04-2016, 03:17 PM
Ugh, first call after the New Years weekend and I've got a fs-532 with c1155 codes. One of the "flippy" arms is higher than the other. Looks like I'll be tackling this job soon. Ordering the parts, fingers crossed it doesn't take months to get them.

Custom Search