PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Firmware update card for older color MFP

Custom Search

rickh68
05-09-2015, 08:32 PM
Does anyone have a source for obtaining flash cards for firmware updates for the older color MFP? I have not been able to find any that work. I dont know if its a formatting issue with some of these cards.

Hansoon
05-10-2015, 05:38 AM
I feel your pain *sigh*

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/96502-cf-card-bh-c-353-a.html
(http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/96502-cf-card-bh-c-353-a-2.html?highlight)
Found out after a plethora of different useless CF-Cards worth in total over USD 160.00, that the only working one is an old SanDisk Shoot&Store 128MB card which I got from eBay.

Before putting the firmware (xxxxx_cf.tar.gz) I formatted it with the format option within the Firmware Imaging Toolkit. Worked for my BH-C-253's and also BH-C-353 machines.

(until now........) :rolleyes:

Hans

rrrohan
05-11-2015, 02:33 PM
Why not use ISW if you cant get CF cards

rickh68
05-13-2015, 05:58 AM
Why not use ISW if you cant get CF cards
Although an alternate method, I do not like to deal with any network issues that may arise during an update. Thank you for your response.

Hansoon
05-13-2015, 08:46 AM
If KonicaMinolta is obviously not willing and/or capable to optimize a simple update procedure by using standard generally available smart cards, which are directly communicating with the machine, than I cannot imagine that a rather complicated and tricky procedure like the ISW firmware updating via a network connection will work. I never ever even thought about using it after studying the procedure in the tech manual.

Too many things can and WILL go wrong wit that. When you figured out which stupid ancient outdated operating system on your computer you would need than there will be a load of other hurdles to overcome and when you finally succeeded to do that all, you would likely have to cancel the procedure because some stupid information will confront you such as: "You Can Use This Procedure Only When Your Grandmother Has Her Birthday" All of course under the condition that it will work only on leap days and when there is a Full Moon at the same time.

Most likely the network connection to the machine will get f'd up during the procedure leaving you with a boat anchor at best.

Rant Over.

Hans

rrrohan
05-14-2015, 12:53 AM
Although an alternate method, I do not like to deal with any network issues that may arise during an update. Thank you for your response.
I just host the ftpserver on laptop then use cross over cable. Never had network issues.

Id always use that method if I could but new models firmware broke that feature

It's still easier than finding a cf card imo

Most of the guys that don't like it aren't very IT savy

Our IT Guy made a special ftpserver dedicated to I'm which made things much easier I guess. If you used IWS or filezilla it might be more complex

wseyller
05-14-2015, 03:40 AM
I don't deal with those crappy cf cards anymore unless it is a bizhub 200/250/350/222/282/362 which doesn't need firmware imaging toolkit, just drop the files on the card and works with most cf cards.

ISW with ftp using ftp utility is pretty simple once you get the hang of it. With some models you have to use the included make tar bat file to create a single tar file.

Also great if you have to upgrade several MFPs at the same time.

Hansoon
05-14-2015, 08:19 AM
Most of the guys that don't like it aren't very IT savy

Yes, that's me, but I still believe that when it is crucial for our biz to have firmware updated from time to time it should be an easy procedure and there should not be a risk of grounding a machine for ever because of a messed up firmware update.

Hans

earney
05-15-2015, 01:41 PM
Does anyone have a source for obtaining flash cards for firmware updates for the older color MFP? I have not been able to find any that work. I dont know if its a formatting issue with some of these cards.
Make sure the card is max 256mb. I got one on eBay a while back about £15 as the original one I got 1gb would not be recognised. As for ISW as far as I remember I tried that but something wouldn't work, possibly it only worked up to a certain file size which meant I could only go so far with the updates before having to get a card.

Custom Search