PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta 215

Custom Search

Cloudlessdreams
05-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Yes the institute I work for is using this piece of ****!

This printer is connected to a router, pretty small network, just distributes an internet connection and the printer is also connected to a computer that is used for printing (usb, I believe).

The network that we're using is on IPv4 now it only connects up a handful of computers and not many devices so this shouldn't be a problem. Previously the printer had IPv6 settings enabled and on Auto. When this was the case the printer showed up on the network and I was able to access admin remotely; BUT it still wasn't printing it just showed as troubleshoot error/driver problems. Yes, correct driver's were installed and still no joy!

So, IPv6 was disabled and now it doesn't show up on the network. That's not the end of it; easy solution would be to go in to the printer control panel (physical) and enable IPv6 (auto) so at least it shows on the network and accessible through the network in order for it to be managed there! No! Admin settings on the control panel (utility) upon entry of accepted default password states only five options none of which are IP settings or network related settings!

Please, please help this lost guy, just trying to get a printer on a network! User guides don't have jack!

p.s I also thought it was a router issue, but then it wouldn't have previously shown up on the network as connected but without drivers!

Thanks again.

Cloudlessdreams
05-10-2015, 12:49 PM
**Update**

It's let me back in to the control panel (page scope web connection).. via IPv4 settings..

Now the printer isn't found on a search but is showing as a WSD print device in Other devices.

Any suggestions?

allan
05-10-2015, 02:09 PM
So you can print now?
Where do you need to search for the printer?
Are you using the install CD?

Cloudlessdreams
05-10-2015, 07:18 PM
So you can print now?
Where do you need to search for the printer?
Are you using the install CD?

Thanks for the reply Allan..

No, not from network, I can't! I've downloaded and using that universal driver from Konica website. No joy.

Also every time I try entering some IPP settings in to the printer it rejects them saying they're incorrect (at least tell me which ones are incorrect, arr the frustration is unexplainable.

I've also realised the PC which is connected via Ethernet and USB can't scan! Can only print. I've tried installing the CD that came with it but its a few decades old. Its asking for some ISS? I'm stumped!

allan
05-10-2015, 07:55 PM
Can you ping the printer?
Why are you changing IPP (internet printing protocol) settings?

Cloudlessdreams
05-10-2015, 10:15 PM
Can you ping the printer?
Why are you changing IPP (internet printing protocol) settings?

Because they're all blank.. iPP is Enabled but all fields are empty.

I can't ping at the moment I'm at home I'll try tomorrow. I can connect via its assigned IP so I guess its the same as a ping.

blackcat4866
05-10-2015, 10:48 PM
My guess is that only the USB is connecting since Scanning doesn't happen via USB.

Here is something simple that you can try. Use IPv4. Connect via crossover from your laptop. Set the network connection speed from Auto to 100MB full duplex. Connect to your network. Try the driver installation. WSD is a poor choice of drivers, and you should use PCL or PS if you can get them to work. If you cannot discover the printer in the print driver search, don't panic. Just manually set the port IP.

Of the installations that I have done ~ 1/3 do not discover all of the printers on the network. =^..^=

Cloudlessdreams
05-11-2015, 07:19 AM
My guess is that only the USB is connecting since Scanning doesn't happen via USB.

Here is something simple that you can try. Use IPv4. Connect via crossover from your laptop. Set the network connection speed from Auto to 100MB full duplex. Connect to your network. Try the driver installation. WSD is a poor choice of drivers, and you should use PCL or PS if you can get them to work. If you cannot discover the printer in the print driver search, don't panic. Just manually set the port IP.

Of the installations that I have done ~ 1/3 do not discover all of the printers on the network. =^..^=

Thanks mate I'll give it a shot and let you know.

The help is really appreciated!

Wilfred Niavi
05-11-2015, 08:11 AM
I always connect to LAN printing to model Bizhub 195 similar to Bizhub 215. Know your IP address range and use IPV4 on your computer and assign ip for your printer through admin mode . After assigning IP turn off power to printer and on again and try pinging the entered IP to confirm it communicates with your computer and install the printer driver according to your computer OS. that should print.

Cloudlessdreams
05-12-2015, 11:42 AM

*Update*

Ok so.. I've managed to install a driver (PCL) for the device shown and I'm using IPv4 not 6 (OFF). I installed the printer manually, entered the IP which then enabled to manually install/select the driver (which I done). OK great, now the device shows as operational and as connected in the network and working. *ping* yes great all four packets sent and received.. In to the control panel I enter the name of the printer in the IPP settings (enabled) also the IP location of the printer and a small description of where the printer is, this time the settings are accepted. Great off we go! No! Print test page.. No response.. Print from MS Word no response?! Print que.. 0 pending.

What now guys? Change the driver and try PS?

P.s yes I've reset through the control panel and rebooted the printer..

P.s.s If I right click the printer and properties of the printer Manufacturer Unavailable.. Hardware Device functions: none ... Don't know what that means; I've also installed all the trays just to be sure.

allan
05-12-2015, 12:12 PM
Can you access pagescope web connection?
Dont use IPP if there is no need for it.
Use a standard TCP/IP printer port and switch on LPR.

Cloudlessdreams
05-12-2015, 12:27 PM
Can you access pagescope web connection?
Dont use IPP if there is no need for it.
Use a standard TCP/IP printer port and switch on LPR.

Yes I can access pagescope.. OK I'll try turning IPP off (disable). How to switch on LPR? In control panel?

suomi
05-12-2015, 12:42 PM
NC-504 IS GDI
IC-209 IS PCL

Which network card are you using???

allan
05-12-2015, 12:43 PM
Yes I can access pagescope.. OK I'll try turning IPP off (disable). How to switch on LPR? In control panel?

Its under the port settings on the printer driver. Go to the port tab and select configure port, select LPR and change the queue name to "Print"

allan
05-12-2015, 12:43 PM
NC-504 IS GDI
IC-209 IS PCL

Good question.

Cloudlessdreams
05-12-2015, 01:51 PM
NC-504 IS GDI
IC-209 IS PCL

Sorry I have no idea. It's a broadcom wireless card.. How do I check?

Cloudlessdreams
05-12-2015, 01:52 PM
Its under the port settings on the printer driver. Go to the port tab and select configure port, select LPR and change the queue name to "Print"

I'll try this and come back to you. Thanks guys

allan
05-12-2015, 06:05 PM
If that does not work then look for the IC-209 specific driver.

Download Centre - KONICA MINOLTA Europe (http://www.konicaminolta.eu/en/business-solutions/support/download-center.html)

under product type select controller then IC-209.

Hansoon
05-12-2015, 09:41 PM

Huh? Whut?

Hans

CompyTech
05-12-2015, 09:51 PM

He means the network card inside the printer.. Not sure how to tell really. AFAIK they both look the same, might as well throw it in the trash and order the IC209. :confused:

Cloudlessdreams
05-13-2015, 11:57 AM
He means the network card inside the printer.. Not sure how to tell really. AFAIK they both look the same, might as well throw it in the trash and order the IC209. :confused:

Ok so I've tried every driver suggested (PCL6/ic-209 and GDL), most of which give invalid arguments or windows error codes except the PCL6 driver which installs without any error codes. It shows in printers as working and the default printer. When test printing or any other printing nothing. I then switched on LPR and changed the que to Print. Still nothing..

I've disabled the IPP settings in control panel. Pagescope itself is temperamental, right now its not working but I'm sure it'll work again soon but the printer pings and connects when it wants.

Am I using the wrong port? (sounds silly I know..) Also, could I be using the wrong network cable? I don't know which network card the printer has but if tried all drivers. I've got a feeling this is something really stupid, something which I have no idea about.

allan
05-13-2015, 06:30 PM
get a Laptop and a cross over cable (most new laptops you can use a straight cable). Set the laptop to the same range as the printer and ping it from there use "ping x.x.x.x -t" to let it ping continuously, wiggle the the cable end that is plunged into the machine to check if there is any physical problem there.

Then install the driver(s) to the laptop and see if it prints.

blackcat4866
05-13-2015, 11:30 PM
Thanks mate I'll give it a shot and let you know.

The help is really appreciated!

get a Laptop and a cross over cable (most new laptops you can use a straight cable). Set the laptop to the same range as the printer and ping it from there use "ping x.x.x.x -t" to let it ping continuously, wiggle the the cable end that is plunged into the machine to check if there is any physical problem there.

Then install the driver(s) to the laptop and see if it prints.

Maybe he'll like it better when you say it allan. =^..^=

allan
05-13-2015, 11:42 PM
Maybe he'll like it better when you say it allan. =^..^=

oops missed your post on the first page :p.

blackcat4866
05-13-2015, 11:53 PM
oops missed your post on the first page :p.

No offense taken. It's a good idea. I really do hope he'll try it. =^..^=

Cloudlessdreams
05-14-2015, 05:49 AM

Sorry I should've tried this. Just being lazy.

I'll let you know what happens..

Cloudlessdreams
05-17-2015, 11:44 AM

Ok so I've connected the printer to my laptop and changed the TCP settings (I think that's changing the range?) to the same as the printer. I ping in cmd and its giving me replies regularly/consistently wriggling the wire, nothing changes. When I open up the Local Area Connection it states packets sent xxx received 0.

Troubleshoot gives me 'doesn't have a valid IP config (I thought this isn't how to change the 'range' I don't know how else?)

Sorry noob =(

Then trying to install drivers is futile!

Thanks again

blackcat4866
05-17-2015, 02:08 PM
#1) are you using a crossover cable?
#2) what IP is set on the printer?
#3) what IP is set on the laptop?

The IP's must be in the same range, but not the identical, for example:
192.168.1.200 and 192.168.1.201

I think that will help. =^..^=

Cloudlessdreams
05-17-2015, 03:51 PM
#1) are you using a crossover cable?
#2) what IP is set on the printer?
#3) what IP is set on the laptop?

The IP's must be in the same range, but not the identical, for example:
192.168.1.200 and 192.168.1.201

I think that will help. =^..^=

No I don't think it's a crossover. It's cat.5 which I'm sure isn't but my laptop is pretty new so it shouldn't be a problem right?

Printer I have 192.168.0.112
Laptop I also set to 192.168.0.112 (like a proper noob lol) obviously network gave me errors.

I'll try to change it to 192.168.0.113/4 or 5???

Oh and everything else has to be the same right like subnet mask, gateway (obv) etc? Dns etc? *just don't want to put in something stupid like identical IPs :p

Thanks =)

blackcat4866
05-17-2015, 06:09 PM
No I don't think it's a crossover. It's cat.5 which I'm sure isn't but my laptop is pretty new so it shouldn't be a problem right?

Printer I have 192.168.0.112
Laptop I also set to 192.168.0.112 (like a proper noob lol) obviously network gave me errors.

I'll try to change it to 192.168.0.113/4 or 5???

Oh and everything else has to be the same right like subnet mask, gateway (obv) etc? Dns etc? *just don't want to put in something stupid like identical IPs :p

Thanks =)

.113, .114, or .115 will be fine for an IP.
Subnet and Gateway remain the same. You can enter a DNS if you like, but it's unnecessary.

You're getting there. I made (and continue to make) all the same mistakes, so don't feel too bad. You're still trying things, which is important. And you have a sense of humor about it all. It's unhelpful to beat yourself up over things you don't know.

Personally I feel that the my greatest asset as a diagnostitian is blockheaded stubbornness. Unwillingness to give up. =^..^=

Cloudlessdreams
05-17-2015, 09:31 PM
.113, .114, or .115 will be fine for an IP.
Subnet and Gateway remain the same. You can enter a DNS if you like, but it's unnecessary.

You're getting there. I made (and continue to make) all the same mistakes, so don't feel too bad. You're still trying things, which is important. And you have a sense of humor about it all. It's unhelpful to beat yourself up over things you don't know.

Personally I feel that the my greatest asset as a diagnostitian is blockheaded stubbornness. Unwillingness to give up. =^..^=

Thanks dude really appreciate it. Was really ready to give up; I'll give this a shot later today and get back to you. Thanks man a lot of peeps would of had enough of my idiocy, you the man/woman/cat! (Delete as appropriate).

Cloudlessdreams
05-18-2015, 08:55 AM
Wired connection> connected> ping results fine. Packets received and sent fine. Excellent 29183

Turn of wifi adapter; install driver ic-209? PCL6 the only driver that doesn't return syntax errors! Great installed (shows as connected printer properties etc brilliant. Print test page please: No!

Delete printer/uninstall. Go to printers>add printer>finds and attempts to install printer(auto)> driver error..

Printers>add printer>finds printer (manually)>try to install drivers (manually).. driver error..

It's not a hardware issue; is it because I'm in Oman (Gulf/Middle.East)?! I don't why that would make any difference though!

What now folks? Kick it and walk away?

suomi
05-18-2015, 09:38 AM
You have tried to GDI Driver ver:2 & 1.
Whic print controller????

Cloudlessdreams
05-18-2015, 10:07 AM
You have tried to GDI Driver ver:2 & 1.
Whic print controller????

Yep tried the GDI driver and PCL. All drivers I've tried give syntax or OS errors expect the controller IC-209 which installs and shows as working but without functionality.

Should I try the older drivers? I've only been trying the newer/latest releases as my assumption is these are most up to date and likely to work?!

suomi
05-18-2015, 10:37 AM
I guess it does not harm...
Depends machine firmware version?

Cloudlessdreams
05-18-2015, 11:19 AM
I guess it does not harm...
Depends machine firmware version?

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

THANK YOU! EVERYONE!

Seriously, Thank you everyone! You've taught me sooo much about printer networks, diagnostics, ip addresses :p, ethernet/crossovers..

Wow! What a lesson! Feel like dancing and kissing you all!!

You guys are fantastic!!! Thanks

blackcat4866
05-18-2015, 10:03 PM
Congratulations on your success! Everyone else calls me Cat. That will work fine. =^..^=

Custom Search