PDA

View Full Version : 250ci screen goes blank?

Custom Search

HippieSlayer
05-13-2015, 08:25 PM
Customer has a 250ci that randomly black screens and causes the keys not to function. Power button LED stays lit, but does nothing. They can unplug and plug the machine back in to reset issue. Haven't tried anything yet, heading up there later this week, curious if anyone has had this issue before and what would cause it.

blackcat4866
05-13-2015, 11:24 PM
Either the HDD or Code DIMM, equal likelihood, followed by firmware. You may also have a bad main PWB or op panel, but let's hope not. =^..^=

copycoan
05-14-2015, 08:49 AM
Check op panel wires also, I remember two machines with that (not same model) one was a wire and the other was the main pwb.

HippieSlayer
05-14-2015, 07:58 PM
Thanks folks. I've got a dead 250ci that I robbed the main PWB and operation panel from. The issue was so random and infrequent that I wasn't able to recreate it, but I noticed the panel was loose. Screws weren't tight on it at all, so I pulled it off and reseated all the connectors and tightened it back up. Reseated the RAM and upgraded the firmware also, just for preventative maintenance purposes. If it happens again, I'll swap out the PWB and OP itself.

monstott2010
06-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Thanks folks. I've got a dead 250ci that I robbed the main PWB and operation panel from. The issue was so random and infrequent that I wasn't able to recreate it, but I noticed the panel was loose. Screws weren't tight on it at all, so I pulled it off and reseated all the connectors and tightened it back up. Reseated the RAM and upgraded the firmware also, just for preventative maintenance purposes. If it happens again, I'll swap out the PWB and OP itself.

Something to look at as well if it is networked, if you can get to it while it's "locked up" (or maybe have customer try this) - while locked up, disconnect network cable from the machine and see if the panel releases..... I recently had a 300ci that the panel was freezing up but not going dark, as soon as the network was removed, it cleared up... replaced main pwb and op panel both with no resolve, but believe problem actually in the network switch...

Tonerkiller
06-03-2015, 09:29 PM
Sounds like the machine is going into sleep mode.

Custom Search