PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Mono 552 control panel doesn't fully work. Machine down

Custom Search

Guy Milner
05-15-2015, 12:09 AM
Hi,

We have a Develop ineo 552 (Konica Bizhub 552) where you switch it on and the control panel doesn't fully power up. No LCD at all. The power light and copy light come on and the machine warms up and makes all the right noises. If you press the buttons it does beep and also the LCD is responsive (even though its not illuminated) The start button stays orange. Nothing else works.

On arrival, the machine was working ok, but the customer had said the error code CFA14 (I think) was coming up intermittently. There were a couple of messages on the screen: Animation data and something about a time incorrectly set? The machine had only just been installed up 3 narrow flights of stairs by a transport company. They manually lifted it and did cause a little damage (the connector for the finisher at the rear was pushed in)

I tried a full initialization under system 2 in service mode, powered off and on again and this is where the above problem started!

Tried firmware, although I'm not sure if the Konica firmware is the same and the Develop. It just does the same and doesn't power up. Checked the control panel connector and tried entering the trouble reset screen by pressing the utility button after switching on....still no good.

Lots of problem machines this week ....so hoping one of you out there may be able to help with this one!

Guy

EarthKmTech
05-15-2015, 12:13 AM
OH no, not the dreaded FA14

Currently battling the same issue, 3/4 of the machine replaced and still does it.

Guy Milner
05-15-2015, 12:30 AM
Since install last week, the machine was only being used as a copier. No idea of previous history as we purchased the machine from trade. I would imagine they wiped it, hence the animation data not being loaded?

blackcat4866
05-15-2015, 12:51 AM
A HDD failure might account for the loss of the Movie Data. I think that's where I would start. =^..^=

wseyller
05-15-2015, 01:12 AM
On the new E series I had the FA14 and would cause the MFP to reboot every 10 to 20 mins. It worked fine in between. We brought the copier into the shop and replaced memory HDD, MFP board 3 times, ssd twice, control panel cable. At one time KMBS wanted to replace MFP and ssd at the same time, but our DSM came in to help troubleshoot. It ended up being the control panel that caused it.

Different machine but it seems FA14 can be caused by the control panel.

EarthKmTech
05-15-2015, 06:12 AM
FA14 is the most useless error code known to man kind.

Error: Something is wrong somewhere, but I dont know where, reboot me at once.

Custom Search