PDA

View Full Version : IC408 controller issue

Custom Search

adeyemi
05-15-2015, 07:02 PM
I use an Xe3TY2 (IC408) controller with a C6501. The controller suddenly stopped booting fully showing FF in the LCD window. I therefore reloaded the system software but thereafter what it does is to boot till 91% and stay there for some time and then at the point at which the "controller" icon on the machine control console just wakes up from grey-out, the LCD falls back to FF and controller immediately shuts down. I tried my reloaded hard drive on another controller and it works! I also tried using another processor on my controller but same problem. Any suggestion is appreciated.

thendral
05-16-2015, 03:48 AM
I use an Xe3TY2 (IC408) controller with a C6501. The controller suddenly stopped booting fully showing FF in the LCD window. I therefore reloaded the system software but thereafter what it does is to boot till 91% and stay there for some time and then at the point at which the "controller" icon on the machine control console just wakes up from grey-out, the LCD falls back to FF and controller immediately shuts down. I tried my reloaded hard drive on another controller and it works! I also tried using another processor on my controller but same problem. Any suggestion is appreciated.

Did you try changing the memory (RAM) on the controller? sometimes bad memory can cause the improper boot. Try swapping memory out.

adeyemi
05-16-2015, 09:49 AM
Did you try changing the memory (RAM) on the controller? sometimes bad memory can cause the improper boot. Try swapping memory out.

You're very correct and yes of course i did change the RAM, same result....i forgot to mention that as part of what i did before. Thanks

RAI
05-16-2015, 10:25 AM
Are you using the correct OS controller SW? (Konica for Konica and ikon for ikon?) any crossing of OS causes a shut down 2 minutes after boot.

adeyemi
05-16-2015, 11:28 AM
Are you using the correct OS controller SW? (Konica for Konica and ikon for ikon?) any crossing of OS causes a shut down 2 minutes after boot.

Oh i see. This point you just made could well be the problem because my machine is actually an Ikon and the hard disc i reloaded worked well on a km machine. So the system software i used is most likely for km. If this be the case my problem will now be how to get the ikon controller software. Can you get this for me...i don't mind paying for it. Please let anyone who has this kindly help out. Thanks

Synaux
05-17-2015, 01:48 AM
FF Possibly one of the following:
• Corrupted BIOS settings on the
motherboard
• Corrupted system software
• Missing or faulty DIMM(s)
• Faulty CPU and/or CPU cooling
assembly
• Faulty HDD or HDD
connection
• Faulty service board and/or
motherboard
• CPU missing or faulty
1. Make sure the Fiery X3eTY2 service switches are set to Normal
mode (away from “ON”).
2. Make sure the service board cable is properly connected to the
service board and motherboard.
3. Clear the CMOS and power-up settings (see page 94).
4. Reinstall system software.
5. Check the DIMM(s) and reseat them to remove any oxidation on the
connectors. Make sure the DIMM(s) are installed in the correct
slot(s).
NOTE: If a single DIMM is installed, it must be installed in the
DIMM2 slot.
6. If you have two DIMMs installed, determine if a DIMM
is at fault:
Remove the DIMM currently installed in socket DIMM1, and
reboot the system. Reboot again with the other DIMM installed in
DIMM2. If the problem is solved by one of the DIMMs, replace
the other DIMM.
If the problem persists for both DIMMs, proceed to the next step.
7. Reseat the power and data cables to the HDD. Make sure the data
cable is connected to the proper connector on the motherboard.
8. Try the following in the listed order:
– Check and reseat the CPU cooling assembly. Then clear the CMOS
and power-up settings.
– Replace the CPU cooling assembly.
– Replace the CPU. Then clear the CMOS and power-up settings.
9. Try the following in the listed order:
– Replace the HDD data cable.
– Replace the HDD.
10. Replace the service board and service board cable.
11. Replace the motherboard.

Also, replace that bs thermal tape they put on the cpu with a quality thermal paste ;)
You can hook up a CDROM and run memtest86 to check memory and you can get a program like spinrite to check the HDD and I think the BIOS will report the CPU/MB temps.

RAI
05-17-2015, 02:10 PM
He's going to need the Ikon IC408 system software. I don't have Ikon SW for IC408. Anyone else care to step up to try and get him fixed up?

adeyemi
05-17-2015, 02:33 PM
He's going to need the Ikon IC408 system software. I don't have Ikon SW for IC408. Anyone else care to step up to try and get him fixed up?

Thanks RAI for putting this plea out for me. Anyone that can help out on this will be highly appreciated. Also anyone that knows where I can buy the software will also be giving a valuable assistance. Thanks all.

thendral
05-20-2015, 04:15 AM
Thanks RAI for putting this plea out for me. Anyone that can help out on this will be highly appreciated. Also anyone that knows where I can buy the software will also be giving a valuable assistance. Thanks all.

Please check the below thread on Fiery official forum:

Fiery X3eTY2-10 65-55c-KM, Ikon or Konica Minolta IC-408? (http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthread.php/3420-Fiery-X3eTY2-10-65-55c-KM-Ikon-or-Konica-Minolta-IC-408)

Ricoh techs may be able to get it from support site.

Try Posting a request on Ricoh forum.

adeyemi
05-20-2015, 08:51 AM
Please check the below thread on Fiery official forum:

Fiery X3eTY2-10 65-55c-KM, Ikon or Konica Minolta IC-408? (http://fieryforums.efi.com/showthread.php/3420-Fiery-X3eTY2-10-65-55c-KM-Ikon-or-Konica-Minolta-IC-408)

Ricoh techs may be able to get it from support site.

Try Posting a request on Ricoh forum.

Ok thanks. I'll try to do that.

xerotec
06-08-2015, 08:29 PM
did you tray to load konicaminolta firmware on ikon machne:confused:

adeyemi
06-09-2015, 09:21 AM
did you tray to load konicaminolta firmware on ikon machne:confused:

Note that we are talking about the controller software not the machine firmware. Yes I did load a Fiery X3eTY2 software for konicaminolta IC408 on an Ikon Fiery X3eTY2 controller and it's not working. That is the issue here and it's yet to be resolved because I am yet to find an Ikon X3eT2Y system software. It would really help if you had one to share. Thanks

xerotec
06-09-2015, 12:04 PM
sorry bat i have only Konica Minolta fiery ic 408 software

adeyemi
06-09-2015, 01:34 PM
Well guys my Ikon 650 is still down because of this issue. It's not even printing with a normal km ic408. I brought a working IC408 and though it connects with the machine...the controller icon is active and I can configure the IP settings...it still doesn't print. The print driver indicates an offline status and the jobs never arrive on the machine.

RAI
06-09-2015, 02:36 PM
I've seen this happen a few times with Fiery's basically the IP printing just stops and yet the spooler is running. I would delete the fiery driver using the fiery uninstall option. Reboot and use the onboard driver from the connected Fiery (Remember the version on the connected Fiery should be same version as driver). I use LPR printing only as I tend to find port 9100 fails too often on PC's and of course the queue name is "print". Last but never forgotten turn on byte counting.

adeyemi
06-10-2015, 08:43 AM
I've seen this happen a few times with Fiery's basically the IP printing just stops and yet the spooler is running. I would delete the fiery driver using the fiery uninstall option. Reboot and use the onboard driver from the connected Fiery (Remember the version on the connected Fiery should be same version as driver). I use LPR printing only as I tend to find port 9100 fails too often on PC's and of course the queue name is "print". Last but never forgotten turn on byte counting.

Thanks Rai. I'll try this and let you know how it goes.

jotunn
06-10-2015, 09:40 AM
Is your controller connected to the network through proper network port?

Have you tried to print configuration page or PS test page from this controller?
Have you tried to connect with a controller through Command Workstation?

adeyemi
06-10-2015, 01:53 PM

Rai, I tried all you suggested but still no luck

adeyemi
06-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Is your controller connected to the network through proper network port?

Have you tried to print configuration page or PS test page from this controller?
Have you tried to connect with a controller through Command Workstation?

Yes it is connected to the proper network port and I get a reply when I test the connection with a ping command from my computer to the controller IP.
I successfully connect to command workstation but any job sent including PS test page shows a "waiting" status until it disappears all by itself from cws...jobs seem to get to the controller but never arrive on the machine for actual printing.

RAI
06-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Is the job showing in print on the printed log. Jobs that disappear are almost always caused by an incorrect or corrupt driver. It you use Cws to print test sheets do they come out? If NO change or check your video cable connection.

adeyemi
06-10-2015, 02:41 PM
Is the job showing in print on the printed log. Jobs that disappear are almost always caused by an incorrect or corrupt driver. It you use Cws to print test sheets do they come out? If NO change or check your video cable connection.

Yea, but if its a driver problem why should PS test page from cws directly suffer the same fate as jobs from the PC. Secondly, don't forget that this km IC408 I'm using plus its data cable is from a working machine and still works well when connected to that machine...a km6500. I want to believe this battle still has something to do with the mismatch as a result of the fact that this is an Ikon brand.

RAI
06-10-2015, 03:04 PM
Sorry I missed the part of the test page from Cws being chewed. Firmware is cross compatible. So v70 can be loaded on ikon and km alike. As well rips can be interchanged with engines without issue. The only issue is OS SW can NOT be interchanged with different brands. My only thought is a reload of image SW on mainframe. Go with v60 or v70 if you have it. Possible corruption there, either that of a bad IF card at copier.

adeyemi
06-10-2015, 03:15 PM
Sorry I missed the part of the test page from Cws being chewed. Firmware is cross compatible. So v70 can be loaded on ikon and km alike. As well rips can be interchanged with engines without issue. The only issue is OS SW can NOT be interchanged with different brands. My only thought is a reload of image SW on mainframe. Go with v60 or v70 if you have it. Possible corruption there, either that of a bad IF card at copier.

Now here we go again!!! Is Ikon machine engine firmware the same as konicaminolta machine/engine firmware for equivalent models? Cos I only have access to km machine firmware.

RAI
06-10-2015, 03:24 PM
Yes KM firmware is the only firmware.

adeyemi
06-11-2015, 06:50 AM
Yes KM firmware is the only firmware.

Okay. Just that I would have loved to get the Fiery X3eTY2 system software with the Ikon OS that I require for this machine's original controller and use it first. It's so frustrating how it has turned out so difficult to get such a simple thing anywhere ON EARTH or so it seems!!!

elpadre
06-22-2015, 04:41 PM
I've got this issue one time with a IKON CPP650, so the customer bought the Fiery System CDs (a lot of CDs) and i've changed the hard disk and installed the system software, with no problem, the only thing that you have to do is plug a Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse on the IC-408, conect it on the internet and start the software upgrade after Fiery System installation (With windows XP Embedded), with the Fiery connected on the machine it will automatically recognize your machine brand and model and it will download the file corresponding to your machine directly from the internet... i've done this and worked perfectly. correct me if i'm wrong but the Fiery (IC408) is the one that is attached behind the machine?

adeyemi
06-22-2015, 09:55 PM
I've got this issue one time with a IKON CPP650, so the customer bought the Fiery System CDs (a lot of CDs) and i've changed the hard disk and installed the system software, with no problem, the only thing that you have to do is plug a Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse on the IC-408, conect it on the internet and start the software upgrade after Fiery System installation (With windows XP Embedded), with the Fiery connected on the machine it will automatically recognize your machine brand and model and it will download the file corresponding to your machine directly from the internet... i've done this and worked perfectly. correct me if i'm wrong but the Fiery (IC408) is the one that is attached behind the machine?

Yes the IC408 is the one attached behind the machine. Can you explain this your solution a little bit more clearly. I really don't get it...are you talking about downloading the system software from an online source? Which portal would this be? Kindly explain it better.

elpadre
06-22-2015, 11:32 PM
Yes the IC408 is the one attached behind the machine. Can you explain this your solution a little bit more clearly. I really don't get it...are you talking about downloading the system software from an online source? Which portal would this be? Kindly explain it better.

So let me try to explain, my english isn't very good, so bear with me...

1 - i've got a issue on a IC408 attached on a IKON CPP650, the hard disk was faulty. So i've lost the system.

2 - I told the customer to buy the FIERY SYSTEM SOFTWARE for FIERY X3ETY 65CKM that we have foind on e-bay, so the customer bought it and i put a new hard disk and installed the fiery system software as indicated on the procedure that came with the cd.

3 - after installation it's normal that the fiery doesn't recognize the machine, you have to connect the fiery to the internet, access it from remote desktop or as i did, connect a monitor, keyboard and mouse to the IC408.

4 you have to log in to the IC408 windows and you will run the FIERY SOFTWARE UPDATE on the IC408 Windows, it will look for updates and will find a update called MACHINE MODEL, so start the update and wait until it finish and ask for reboot.

I dont remeber but i think that you have to run the update again and reboot again, after all the fiery will recognize the machine and work properly.

Another trouble that i've got, was on the IC408 motherboard, so i couldn't recovery the Fiery system because of hardware issue, and coudn't buy a new motherboard from TYAN. The manufacturer of the motherboard used on IC408.

jotunn
06-23-2015, 12:08 AM
You can't use monitor/mouse/keyboard with IC-408, because this controller don't support FACI (Fiery Advanced Controller Interface), so the only thing you can expect is black screen in controller ready state...

But... system software seems to be universal in fact, that means software check product code only (3TY2) - which is common for KM an ICON, but doesn't check product name (KM_Acacia_3TY2 vs. IKON_CPP650_3TY2).
So, it seems possible that problem can be solved through simple update - maybe some EFI patch make controller compatible with machine, so you have to set up DNS servers, set proper time, install EFI patch 1-1CO771, and finally try to run update.

elpadre
06-23-2015, 12:16 AM
You can't use monitor/mouse/keyboard with IC-408, because this controller don't support FACI (Fiery Advanced Controller Interface), so the only thing you can expect is black screen in controller ready state...

But... system software seems to be universal in fact, that means software check product code only (3TY2) - which is common for KM an ICON, but doesn't check product name (KM_Acacia_3TY2 vs. IKON_CPP650_3TY2).
So, it seems possible that problem can be solved through simple update - maybe some EFI patch make controller compatible with machine, so you have to set up DNS servers, set proper time, install EFI patch 1-1CO771, and finally try to run update.

I think that can have access through the RDP windiws remote desktop.
The one that i maintain have access from RDP, so i can log in into windows and manage the system...

adeyemi
06-23-2015, 10:00 AM
How about accessing through command workstation? I think there's a way to update fiery systems via cws.

elpadre
06-23-2015, 02:55 PM
How about accessing through command workstation? I think there's a way to update fiery systems via cws.

The system can be acessed by Windows RDP Remote Desktop, see the pictures that i have acessed it some minutes ago...

robocopy
11-09-2015, 11:10 AM
Hello guys,

I have an error message on IC 408 like 52,92 etc.I tried to put the system software 2.0 version and can't comunicate with controller.I have another functional IC 408 and interchanged all the components included HDD but still no results.It remains the motherboard which i suspected is the problem .Did anybody know a solution to this issue?

thanks,

jotunn
11-09-2015, 11:54 AM
Hello guys,

I have an error message on IC 408 like 52,92 etc...

thanks,

So what was your main problem before you started to "fix" - what was the last code you have seen on LCD?
You couldn't have both of them.

robocopy
11-09-2015, 12:38 PM
So what was your main problem before you started to "fix" - what was the last code you have seen on LCD?
You couldn't have both of them.

If i'm not in service mode the code is 75 .If i put those two switches to on position and try to make the connection, messages are more like i said in the last post.

thanks,

robocopy
11-09-2015, 12:40 PM
sorry,

I mean the connection with computer to write the software.

jotunn
11-09-2015, 02:01 PM
Why don't you use USB memory for software update?

As for codes, those are not really error codes but bootup process stages - code "75" means "Detect and install all IDE devices", so if your controller stops with code 75 it means problems with HDD detection.
In your case I would connect monitor to this controller to observe bootup process, this should give me more knowledge about problem.
It can be faulty HDD, faulty connection between HDD and mobo, or even faulty SATA controller on motherboard, but at first I would check power supply for voltage stability on +5 and +12V lines.

robocopy
11-09-2015, 04:47 PM
I changed already the power source from other controller,also HDD.i didn't changed the cable between motherboard and HDD,indeed.I don't understand how do you say to use USB memory for software update?Do you think it's relevant, as i changed already entire HDD with another one with all the information on it and no result?
I think as i already have a good HDD on the Fiery the problem is in another part of the controller,don't you think?
What is mobo?

Thanks,
Savu

jotunn
11-09-2015, 08:12 PM
mobo = motherboard

There is a software tool for creating bootable USB memory (pendrive) used for controller software update instead USB cable.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjsc0ma53iwmhdd/Fiery%20USBSetupTool.exe?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/htm1hjtq44izs9b/45123641_FieryUSBSetupTool_UserGuide.pdf?dl=0
You just need an ISO image of controller installation software. For me this is much faster and easier than using USB cable.

So it's not power supply.
I would suggest bringing back components of the second controller to initial configuration (with fully working state), and then I would try to put the HDD from faulty controller into the working one.
Probably you should get an "error" 91 or 92 or AA or maybe I'm wrong and controller will boot up properly (to 00) - however in all that cases it will mean that your HDD is ok.

Did you try to connect a monitor to your faulty controller? I would strongly recommend this - you should see all boot process like in normal computer, BIOS messages ans so on.

robocopy
11-10-2015, 08:11 AM
Hi,

I just tryed to connect a monitor on the controller and there's no video signal on the monitor,also today when i turn on the fiery it gives me other code 25.I turn off and on and have 26.After several turning off and on i have now 60,52,C3.So what do you suggest to do next,because as i see all the problems seems to come from motherboard including missing video signal on the monitor.

thanks,
Savu

jotunn
11-10-2015, 10:02 PM
Hi,

I just tryed to connect a monitor on the controller and there's no video signal on the monitor,also today when i turn on the fiery it gives me other code 25.I turn off and on and have 26.After several turning off and on i have now 60,52,C3.So what do you suggest to do next,because as i see all the problems seems to come from motherboard including missing video signal on the monitor.

thanks,
Savu
Unfortunately I have to say that those codes and lack of video signal comes from mainboard failure.

Today I get IC408 with code 25 for repair - after quick part exchange, everything but the mainboard seems to be ok. Tomorrow I will play again with this controller.

robocopy
11-12-2015, 02:42 PM
Unfortunately I have to say that those codes and lack of video signal comes from mainboard failure.

Today I get IC408 with code 25 for repair - after quick part exchange, everything but the mainboard seems to be ok. Tomorrow I will play again with this controller.

Hi,

Did you sucseed something with your controller?what is the price for a mainboard,do you have an idea?i didn't try to reset CMOS,maybe i will do this.

thanks,

Custom Search