PDA

View Full Version : Question on DR411 imaging unit

Custom Search

axyun
05-16-2015, 06:13 PM
Does the Bizhub 223 imaging unit (DR411) include the developer unit one whole assembly or does developer have to be ordered separately? Frank/ActionPhotocopy

backspace
05-16-2015, 06:14 PM
Does the Bizhub 223 imaging unit (DR411) include the developer unit one whole assembly or does developer have to be ordered separately? Frank/ActionPhotocopy

separately DV411

axyun
05-16-2015, 11:45 PM
Thank you backspace. DOes the developer come in the developer unit on the DV411 or do you need to order it separately and put it in? Also , do you need to reset the counter life of dv and drum or when you buy the DV411 and DR411 do they automatically reset the counter as they do on a few other models? Frank

blackcat4866
05-17-2015, 12:23 AM
Thank you backspace. DOes the developer come in the developer unit on the DV411 or do you need to order it separately and put it in? Also , do you need to reset the counter life of dv and drum or when you buy the DV411 and DR411 do they automatically reset the counter as they do on a few other models? Frank

The developer comes in a bag, must be ordered separately, and somebody has to pour it in.
Yes, you do need to stir the developer, and reset life counters.
The manual covers these topics. =^..^=

axyun
05-17-2015, 12:58 AM
When i initially posted I assumed the DV411 was the developer assembly in a box and was therefore curious as to whether the developer was in it. I thought it was the assembly because the DR411 had similar type product code structure for drum assembly. Since finding out dv411 was just package of developer i realized you would of course have to reset life counters. I had read that on bizhub250 the changing wit new assembly would reset counter automatically. I could be confusing with Ricoh 1027 Photoconductor unit.

Anyway i have FSM + TOM and have notes for dv and dm replacement procedures.

blackcat4866
05-17-2015, 01:11 AM
Sure, the Ricoh 1027 AIO looks sorta like the bizhub 223 developing unit.

=^..^=

axyun
05-17-2015, 01:29 AM
Wasn't about the looks of the unit just overall confusion about whether changing whole assembly auto resets life counters.

antone
05-19-2015, 02:11 PM
Must reset counters and Developer...together always

axyun
05-19-2015, 03:16 PM
Thanks Antone. Call was done yesterday afternoon and all is well now. Frank

allan
05-19-2015, 03:52 PM
Must reset counters and Developer...together always

Why? If you change only the drum you only reset the PC counter and do gradation. If you clear the dev counter you must do Dmax and gradation.

Note if you do replace developer and not the unit don't clear the dev tank counter otherwise the dev change counter will reset to 0 it should be able to count up to 3. It does not matter if you don't care.

You can get 200K+ on a rebuilt DR411 and the same and more out of a DV411. This don't work well this S#$% toner.
For the dev unit you can get collars, seals and the mag roller.

Rebuilding the units must be done with great care there are many ways to #$% this up with devastating results.
I find these machine very forgiving.

axyun
05-19-2015, 04:15 PM
Thank you for that info Allan. Frank

allan
05-19-2015, 05:05 PM
Why? If you change only the drum you only reset the PC counter and do gradation. If you clear the dev counter you must do Dmax and gradation.

Note if you do replace developer and not the unit don't clear the dev tank counter otherwise the dev change counter will reset to 0 it should be able to count up to 3. It does not matter if you don't care.

You can get 200K+ on a rebuilt DR411 and the same and more out of a DV411. This don't work well this S#$% toner.
For the dev unit you can get collars, seals and the mag roller.

Rebuilding the units must be done with great care there are many ways to #$% this up with devastating results.
I find these machine very forgiving.

forgot. If you change the dev or fool the courter you should do the TCR auto adjusment.

Brett GS
05-22-2015, 07:35 PM
forgot. If you change the dev or fool the courter you should do the TCR auto adjusment.

You may get a gray background but it will clear up in about an hour or so after so dont worry to much.

Brett

Custom Search