PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Kyocera FS-4200dn Unable to remove rear cover

Custom Search

mcmonroe
05-17-2015, 05:56 AM
I am trying to replace the fuser, but I am unable to remove the rear cover. The service manual shows directions, but it seems like there is something missing in the manual. Any tips or tricks would be helpful.

CWP
05-17-2015, 12:47 PM
There is a small cover on the left side of the fuser (attached to machine frame) as you are looking at the rear of the machine that has to be removed for the fuser to clear. Also, after you have all of the fuser connectors removed you may have to power the printer ON for five seconds to remove pressure from the fuser.

mcmonroe
05-17-2015, 05:35 PM
There is a small cover on the left side of the fuser (attached to machine frame) as you are looking at the rear of the machine that has to be removed for the fuser to clear. Also, after you have all of the fuser connectors removed you may have to power the printer ON for five seconds to remove pressure from the fuser.

I agree with what you are saying. That's in the manual. What I'm having a real problem with is the rear cover assembly (Rear door). According to the manual, I need to remove it to remove the fuser. The removal instructions shown do not seem correct. Any thoughts?

CWP
05-18-2015, 02:52 AM
Yes, it is confusing. There is an area of the cover by the hinge that has to be pulled outward to allow the door to shift far enough to release from the machine. Once you get the cover area out of the way it requires a harder push to release the hinge. Haven't broken one yet.

mcmonroe
05-18-2015, 03:10 AM
Yes, it is confusing. There is an area of the cover by the hinge that has to be pulled outward to allow the door to shift far enough to release from the machine. Once you get the cover area out of the way it requires a harder push to release the hinge. Haven't broken one yet.

Thanks for the help... I thought it was just me being a little dense. I have been in working on printers for a number of years and never have I seen such a screwed up design.

Just out of curiosity, can I remove the remaining covers and the fuser without removing the rear cover assembly?

Thanks.

Custom Search