PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous P6,7,8,9 and 21

Custom Search

gulfcartman
05-19-2015, 05:00 AM
Dear Forum
C200 I have tried to bypass image stabilization because I know all consumable items are within specifications. But the machines memory, other than changing the board which I didn't want to do. I have a parts machine here at the office. Anyway is there anyone out there who knows how to get by this image stabilization process.
V/R
Alan

allan
05-19-2015, 06:41 AM
I don't think your print engine is producing any image.
Does it continually run stabilization?
That is not something you can switch off.
Did you try trouble reset?
What is the Level history for IDCS 1 and 2?

fixthecopier
05-19-2015, 11:55 AM
Is the machine like new or old and worn out?

Does it have 10,000 copies or 500.000?

How much life on the belt and IU's? Have they been chipped?

Better posting info will get you better responses.

szanka
05-19-2015, 01:58 PM
Have you cleaned IDC sensors?

gulfcartman
05-19-2015, 07:20 PM
Dear Forum
C200 I have tried to bypass image stabilization because I know all consumable items are within specifications. But the machines memory, other than changing the board which I didn't want to do. I have a parts machine here at the office. Anyway is there anyone out there who knows how to get by this image stabilization process.
V/R
Alan
Total Copies
Black
Full Color
The IU are all good. The machine was making great copies. I was doing some preventative maintenance, ie cleaning the IDC sensors front and rear. Initially I replaced the fuse in the Transfer Belt and the machine worked for a while. Now it seems to be locked up in this P,6,7,8,9 and 21 mode.
As far as have the IU's been chipped. How could I verify this? Any and all suggestions appreciated.
V/R
Alan

fixthecopier
05-19-2015, 09:25 PM
I am assuming you do not have a service history on this machine.

Synaux
05-19-2015, 11:55 PM
Total Copies
Black
Full Color
The IU are all good. The machine was making great copies. I was doing some preventative maintenance, ie cleaning the IDC sensors front and rear. Initially I replaced the fuse in the Transfer Belt and the machine worked for a while. Now it seems to be locked up in this P,6,7,8,9 and 21 mode.
As far as have the IU's been chipped. How could I verify this? Any and all suggestions appreciated.
V/R
Alan

Solution ID 2 Solution Usage TAUS0808340EN*
Description
P-6, P-7, P-8, P-9, P-21 alert codes.
Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Wheninstalling the DF-612 and connecting the DF harness to the MFBU board, the flat cables (CN17 and CN18) may be inadvertently moved in their
connectors. As a result, alert codes are indicated due to poor connection of the flat cable(s).
After setting up document feeder, please check that the flat cables are properly connected. Replace the MFBU board (p/n A02F PP11 00 - Control board) if it
has failed. Please refer to the attached documentation for more detail. To view a PDF, Adobe Reader® must be installed. Adobe Reader® can be
downloaded for free from the Adobe® web site at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html .
SPECIAL NOTE : Solution contribution by KMBT (Japan).

2. PH is removed from fixing plate of main body. Skew adjustment gear is not meshed properly (see attached photo).
Push thefront side of the PH into PH fixing plate after removing the IU from MFP.
Note : Design of the PH fixing plateis being changed. A Parts Modification Notice will be released when fixing plate has been modified.

Also, if the IUs were chipped you are most like getting at least a some quality degradation.
Clear all those P codes and and monitor the counters in service mode - some of those codes could be from a very long time ago.
And inspect/clean the Tranf Belt and the IDC sensors again.

gulfcartman
05-20-2015, 06:32 AM
Solution ID 2 Solution Usage TAUS0808340EN*
Description
P-6, P-7, P-8, P-9, P-21 alert codes.
Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. Wheninstalling the DF-612 and connecting the DF harness to the MFBU board, the flat cables (CN17 and CN18) may be inadvertently moved in their
connectors. As a result, alert codes are indicated due to poor connection of the flat cable(s).
After setting up document feeder, please check that the flat cables are properly connected. Replace the MFBU board (p/n A02F PP11 00 - Control board) if it
has failed. Please refer to the attached documentation for more detail. To view a PDF, Adobe Reader® must be installed. Adobe Reader® can be
downloaded for free from the Adobe® web site at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html .

2. PH is removed from fixing plate of main body. Skew adjustment gear is not meshed properly (see attached photo).
Push thefront side of the PH into PH fixing plate after removing the IU from MFP.
Note : Design of the PH fixing plateis being changed. A Parts Modification Notice will be released when fixing plate has been modified.

Also, if the IUs were chipped you are most like getting at least a some quality degradation.
Clear all those P codes and and monitor the counters in service mode - some of those codes could be from a very long time ago.
And inspect/clean the Tranf Belt and the IDC sensors again.
Dear Fix the copier and Synaux
Thank you for the input. Because I am getting all of the imaging units in error, I am going to check that ribbon cable that goes up behind the DF. Thinking back on everything I had some problems with the DF so I'll check that first. As far as the IDC sensors, they have been cleaned and cleaned again. But I believe what I'm going to find is a bad connection from ribbon cable to board under glass, which will not allow lasers to form image on transfer belt so IDC can take measurement. I'll keep you all posted on progress.

fixthecopier
05-20-2015, 11:12 AM
If the IU's had been chipped, the machine recalibrated itself as though they were new. Also it is common to change the fuse in the transfer belt when it needs to be changed. The Konica stuff can sometimes go double its life. Sometimes if fails shortly after being reset. That is why I was inquiring about history of machine. If this were a contract call from my shop, I can used how old the IU's, and history of service calls in troubleshooting. The posting from Synaux for example, if call history showed another tech removing the df for any reason, right before these codes showed up, then it would be logical to start there. I have very few of these that I work on, however others at my shop have had to change the print units on some of these.

gulfcartman
05-20-2015, 07:26 PM
If the IU's had been chipped, the machine recalibrated itself as though they were new. Also it is common to change the fuse in the transfer belt when it needs to be changed. The Konica stuff can sometimes go double its life. Sometimes if fails shortly after being reset. That is why I was inquiring about history of machine. If this were a contract call from my shop, I can used how old the IU's, and history of service calls in troubleshooting. The posting from Synaux for example, if call history showed another tech removing the df for any reason, right before these codes showed up, then it would be logical to start there. I have very few of these that I work on, however others at my shop have had to change the print units on some of these.
Dear Fixthecopier
I appreciate all the info you are giving me. How do you " chip an IU "? The machine I am working on is for myself.
At present I am at a follow up Dr. appointment in Shreveport, La. at the VA hospital. I'll be home this afternoon to check on my problem child " C200"/that is.
Anyway I see in your picture you have a better half, what's your pups name and breed. I have a Golden Retriever named Buddy. He's the best thing that has happened to me in 7 years. Off subject I know hope I didn't violate to many terms of agreement.

fixthecopier
05-20-2015, 08:56 PM
Dear Fixthecopier
I appreciate all the info you are giving me. How do you " chip an IU "? The machine I am working on is for myself.
At present I am at a follow up Dr. appointment in Shreveport, La. at the VA hospital. I'll be home this afternoon to check on my problem child " C200"/that is.
Anyway I see in your picture you have a better half, what's your pups name and breed. I have a Golden Retriever named Buddy. He's the best thing that has happened to me in 7 years. Off subject I know hope I didn't violate to many terms of agreement.

Chipping an IU is common practice on Konica Minolta products. Behind one of the covers on the IU's, look for where the plug is, on replacement IU's, is a small chip that resets the page count. Since it is not uncommon for these to run double or more of their life, you can get chips for maybe 10 to 30 dollars. When you reset the count, the machine calibrates itself as though the IU's are new, when in fact Konica says replace them. A new machine does not have a chip, because the count is 0, so they have to be changed the first time.IU's are run until they have an issue, and sometimes that can be codes.

Pepper is 2. She ate my living room furniture when she was a pup. I have her mother and grandmother along with a 4 pound Chihuahua, and about a dozen cats. Pepper is mixed. Some German Sheppard, some Pit.

Synaux
05-20-2015, 10:51 PM
Chipping an IU is common practice on Konica Minolta products. Behind one of the covers on the IU's, look for where the plug is, on replacement IU's, is a small chip that resets the page count. Since it is not uncommon for these to run double or more of their life, you can get chips for maybe 10 to 30 dollars. When you reset the count, the machine calibrates itself as though the IU's are new, when in fact Konica says replace them. A new machine does not have a chip, because the count is 0, so they have to be changed the first time.IU's are run until they have an issue, and sometimes that can be codes.

Pepper is 2. She ate my living room furniture when she was a pup. I have her mother and grandmother along with a 4 pound Chihuahua, and about a dozen cats. Pepper is mixed. Some German Sheppard, some Pit.

I wonder if this model has the PPLM firmware so you don't have to even chip it...?
That method is far superior to chipping the IUs (1. You always have an accurate counter 2. don't have to buy chips 3. don't have to install chips 4. the machine does not readjust the to a new chip and runs the IU as an old IU and not new; etc).

You can also re-fuse the fuser and tranf belt to get 2-3x life (depending on the quality you require).

gulfcartman
05-21-2015, 11:25 PM
I wonder if this model has the PPLM firmware so you don't have to even chip it...?
That method is far superior to chipping the IUs (1. You always have an accurate counter 2. don't have to buy chips 3. don't have to install chips 4. the machine does not readjust the to a new chip and runs the IU as an old IU and not new; etc).

You can also re-fuse the fuser and tranf belt to get 2-3x life (depending on the quality you require).
What does this PPLM stand for Synaux?

Thanks for the info where can I find this "PPLM"? Chips you are referring about ie;web address, average cost?

gulfcartman
05-23-2015, 10:30 AM

Thanks for the info where can I find this "PPLM"? Chips you are referring about ie;web address, average cost?
Dear Friends
It was the ribbon cable from CN35 Printer Control Board (PRCB) to CN18 MFBU board (MFBUB). The CN18 wasn't seated correctly. Thanks all for helping me out.

fixthecopier
05-23-2015, 10:45 AM
Dear Friends
It was the ribbon cable from CN35 Printer Control Board (PRCB) to CN18 MFBU board (MFBUB). The CN18 wasn't seated correctly. Thanks all for helping me out.

Glad you resolved the issue. Thanks for posting the solution.

gulfcartman
05-23-2015, 11:00 AM
Glad you resolved the issue. Thanks for posting the solution.

Hey Fixthecopier I just hope to be able to return the favor one day, it was great working with you.
V/R
Alan

shamnad abdullah
05-23-2015, 11:25 AM
Dear Forum
V/R
Alan
try this
go to service mode (utility-check details-stop-00-stop-01)
go to imaging process adjustment->perform D max density
gud luck:)

gulfcartman
05-23-2015, 07:20 PM
try this
Dear Shamnad.
With all due respect. I believe your post to be a little behind the curve. Several of us have figured out this devil and made him submit. Read prior post and I believe the picture will be some what clearer.
V/R
Alan

Synaux
05-23-2015, 08:23 PM

I am not actually sure what it stands for. lol
I see people saying it here on the forum though. It is a special firmware to allow the machine to keep running after the IU has exceeded its end of life. Personally, I just call it IU firmware.

You would either need a certified Konica-Minolta tech to install this firmware or find someone that has the firmware and install it OR acquire the firmware and install it yourself (would need the software, firmware, probably a CF card/CF card reader, and would have to set some softswitches in service mode).

I don't really work on these models and I recently lost access to KM's online resources, so it is difficult for me to figure out if this firmware even exists for this model.

gulfcartman
05-24-2015, 03:40 AM
I am not actually sure what it stands for. lol
I see people saying it here on the forum though. It is a special firmware to allow the machine to keep running after the IU has exceeded its end of life. Personally, I just call it IU firmware.

You would either need a certified Konica-Minolta tech to install this firmware or find someone that has the firmware and install it OR acquire the firmware and install it yourself (would need the software, firmware, probably a CF card/CF card reader, and would have to set some softswitches in service mode).

I don't really work on these models and I recently lost access to KM's online resources, so it is difficult for me to figure out if this firmware even exists for this model.
Dear Synaux
I thank you for all the help. If in the future you need access to mykonicaminolta.com I have full access. Be glad to help you out anyway I can.

gulfcartman
05-24-2015, 03:52 AM
try this

Just curious why you haven't responded to the reply I left you on previous quote? You have suggested that I perform D max in service mode.

Custom Search