PDA

View Full Version : Konica C353 admin password setting changed and also user pin. any help appreciated

Custom Search

tonerjockey
05-20-2015, 12:34 AM
Konica C353, i was messing with the settings to get it to print from a replacement computer. then the customer said the walk up pin didn't work. i kept fooling and now the admin password 12345678 wont work. any help would be greatly appreciated. Intravia guide said without it good luck. canon's will allow it the be retrieved in service mode. thought i had service manual, but only parts....:(

tonerjockey
05-20-2015, 01:20 AM
i just downloaded the service manual, but not finding what i need in admin feature level?? i will try konicaminolta.com and see if there is a admin manual. hmmfff. any input would be great. thank you, Jim

JrTech
05-20-2015, 01:23 AM
Good evening PM me with an email and I will link the SM. Try this admin code it is for the C364
9272927292729272 (it's 9272 4x) or 1234567812345678. Hope this works.

blackcat4866
05-20-2015, 01:39 AM
i just downloaded the service manual, but not finding what i need in admin feature level?? i will try konicaminolta.com and see if there is a admin manual. hmmfff. any input would be great. thank you, Jim

Unless you specifically changed it the admin password remains 12345678. I have had a few bizhubs that would not accept the admin password or CE password. A re-boot has helped me in this situation. =^..^=

wseyller
05-20-2015, 02:21 AM
To reset admin password go to service mode then do either (forgot which) Stop 9 or Stop 0 Clear. You will then have an option to change the admin password.

For the pin code that is called account track. In admin mode go to authentication/account track where you can register accounts or edit/delete them.

To get it to print from the computer you have to go to printer preferences of the driver then "basic" tab then authentication/account track and enter a pin.

tonerjockey
05-20-2015, 03:51 AM
thank you very much guys. i really appreciate it. i will go back in the am and try your advices. been recovering from a hernia surgery a week and a half ago and am still not thinking clearly. come to think, i don't think i have been thinking clearly for 10 years?? i will post the outcome. have a great evening, Jim

tonerjockey
05-21-2015, 02:54 AM
Hi Guys, thank you so much for the MUCH needed help. i really appreciate it. i read your notes, studied the service manual, and the various KM download guides. spent 3 hours last night reading and got back out there this am and was able to get all the issues back in order. i use the IT stuff on an advanced basis infrequently. so, it was a good lesson. please let me know if you might need any manuals or help i have. i somehow was able to save the customer and my face. thank you so much. have a great day, Jim

tonerjockey
05-21-2015, 03:01 AM
recap, after seeing how the admin pass code is changed, i never was in that window of service yesterday. so don't know how it stopped working. and i tried again to log in this am and still no go. i didt try the other numbers as before it went sour, the 12345678 was working. but i reset it and then that was good. i was able to change the user pin back to what it was and then went to the computer and in the printer driver pane was able to add the same pin and that allowed it to print. thank you.Jim

blackcat4866
05-21-2015, 01:53 PM
Congratulation on your success. Thanks for posting back. =^..^=

Custom Search