PDA

View Full Version : C1070p nicking lead edge of cardstock

Custom Search

andyf424
05-20-2015, 06:46 PM
Wondering if anyone has seen this before, not asking anyone to diagnose my problem. Fingers crossed somebody has encountered this.

I've got a c1070p with about 400k on it that keeps nicking the lead edge of thicker uncoated paper when feeding from the PFU (tray 3 or 4), duplex or simplex. I've tried and tried to force a jam and catch the exact location but have only been able to narrow it down to registration or before. Both horizontal and vertical brake kits have been installed and, all of the clutches in the PFU were updated to the older "beefier" 56aa versions. These mods really helped with the constantly jamming PFU but this nicking still persists We did the brake kits and the clutches at the same time and the nicking has become intermittent where as before it was constant and repeatable. Kinda makes me think that's where the problem lies. Firmware is up to date, Konica is involved but our field service guy wont be able to look at it until "some time next week", he's where we learned about the brake kits.

As always, any input, comments and questions are appreciated.

Andy F

Custom Search