PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C654 - Fax Confirmation page to bypass only.

Custom Search

Tacyon
05-21-2015, 06:16 PM
I've suddenly had our Bizhub C654 insist on printing the fax confirmation page to the bypass tray. Problem is we rarely use it and my users forget that "paper out" can also include the Bypass tray.

I've unsuccessfully looked for the setting to tell fax confirmation page to go to ANY TRAY in the normal rotation. (that contains paper) Got close .. Admin -> Fax Settings -> Reports Settings. But no tray control.

FYI - looked via the GUI and front panel since some functions are ONLY available via the front LCD panel.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

KingofMorton
05-22-2015, 02:44 PM
Menu-utility-user settings-system settings-paper tray settings-print lists. Pick your tray and it must be letter sized plain paper. It will not print any lists from anything but that.

emujo
05-22-2015, 03:21 PM
Ditto, I would guess that you do not have any LT plain paper in any of the standard trays, or you have them set as special, thick, letterhead etc. Now the MFP wants to print a report but paper is not available, so it throws a message to put paper in the bypass tray. BTW if confirmations are not critical, you can turn them off, the user can always print out the RX/TX list if confirmation is needed. Emujo

Tacyon
05-22-2015, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the "where is it at" setting and I'll check/set this tuesday when I'm back in that office.

My users do need confirmations always [proof that is was sent/communicated].

I'm using 22# paper as I have a process down stream that needs this. I don't think however that its constitutes "special" or "Heavy" but I'll have to verify that I did't have a user change that.

Thanks again

Tacyon
05-26-2015, 08:50 PM
update: I checked that specific setting and it was set to the bypass tray WHICH was not part of the tray auto-rotation config. I've changed that to be tray 3 (3 & 4 are bulk) which also is part of the tray auto-rotation.

That "should" fix it.

Custom Search