Custom Search

dmzfmz
05-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Got a Bizhub c350 --After displaying REPLACE
IMAGING UNIT SOON --the machine just stopped
--says CHANGE IMAGING UNIT-
Any techs know how to disable that message
and allow machine to continue using that
imaging unit without a chip reset (black)
Thanks in Advance

ni311
07-06-2008, 10:53 AM
You cannot override the message.
You have two choices:
- buy a new unit
- buy a chip resetter
A new unit can be used once, but with a chip resetter you can reset an unlimited number of units.

cobiray
07-06-2008, 08:44 PM
You cannot reset the message but you can disable the lockout on the IU's. I would have the units replaced and ask your tech to disable the lockout for you on the service call.

redhotrob
07-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Yes, the factory default is for the machines to stop when the image unit life has expired. In the service security mode this can be disabled.
Stop,9

popcornpuppy
07-18-2008, 10:10 PM
once in tech rep mode press stop, 9 and set image units from "stop" to "no stop" on newer machines you need to press stop, 0, C once in tech mode

DarthAlbin
07-18-2008, 10:16 PM
You cannot reset the message but you can disable the lockout on the IU's. I would have the units replaced and ask your tech to disable the lockout for you on the service call.

I thought that feature didn't come out until the C450.

Never mind. I forgot. Newer FW feature right?

deep
07-19-2008, 07:25 AM
I thought that feature didn't come out until the C450.

Never mind. I forgot. Newer FW feature right?

Absolutely correct. Some features will be different depends on what category you machine is.

Sometimes if a lot of customers feel unhappy on some unreasonable feature, the manufacturer will modified it.

Shayra
11-12-2008, 02:46 PM
If you work for a dealer...Try contacting a wholesale distributor like Copylite for the chip. Each chip is priced below $20.

Custom Search