PDA

View Full Version : marcia

Custom Search

mmarier
05-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Help, anyone know why a Canon NP7130 copier would make a chattering noise? We have had it for years and never happened before-But, after installing a new ink cartridge it sounds like something is "catching" every couple seconds when you try to print.
Ink powder all over.
Won't print- just blank pages.
Thanks, Marcia

lkrsardis
05-19-2008, 05:52 PM
There is a plastic pin on the back of the frame that is probably broken. A spring that is attatched to the developer release mechanism hooks to this pin and is subject to breaking do to age. Time fo a new one.:eek:

mmarier
05-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Thank you so much. I will check that out.

mmarier
05-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Hey,
The frame? Do you mean by that the base of the copier itself not the top that you can lift up?
Is the pin on the right or left side? Probably not the middle?
Is the pin back toward the junction -of the top connecting to the base when you
lift it up to look inside?
Thanks

lkrsardis
05-19-2008, 09:37 PM
The pin is located behind the big pcb on the back side of the upper part of the machine. But really due to the age of this machine I recommend that you just get a new copier. If you are not a tech it would probably be pretty hard to fix it yourself. If you insist on trying this pm me your email and i'll try to send info tomorrow.:)

mmarier
05-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the offer - will let you know if we decide to tackle it

lkrsardis
05-19-2008, 09:54 PM
How many copies are on the drum unit?:rolleyes:

blackcat4866
05-20-2008, 12:00 AM
lksardis is right.

The pin is fairly difficult to get to. To see it, open the clamshell (top half), cam back (to the right) the developing unit with the little lever to the right, remove the drum unit (I think there's a purple thumb screw). Cover the drum unit with paper. The drum is light sensative, and can be light shocked by leaving it in bright light.

The post (pin = post) is made of black plastic on the inner side of the rear frame right about center. Your first clue will be that you see a spring hanging down from the rear of the developing unit that doesn't appear to be connected to anything.

Its easy enough to see, but to remove that black piece of plastic is quite difficult, and glue just isn't strong enough to hold against that much spring tension.

The way I have repaired this is to remove the board that covers the entire top back of the machine. Then drilling a small hole from the back to the front through the black plastic in just the right place. Then drive a small plastic screw through from the front to hook the spring onto.

There are lots of ways for this to go wrong. The board is very delicate and can be cracked easily (I 've done this). The black plastic can crack or break, or just may be too shattered to repair.

I'm advising against trying this. After 2 hours you might be worse off than before.

=^..^=

lkrsardis
05-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Dear Marcia, What you have here is a case of planned obsolesence. This copier is 90% plastic that is designed to self destruct. The NP 7130 was a great little machine in it's day but it's day is over. RIP

mmarier
05-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Thank you so much to you all. I am going to check with the office manager again on what we want to do.
and, because you all have been so kind I will post it.
Marcia

Custom Search