PDA

View Full Version : Minolta CF3102 cyan & black ghosting

Custom Search

graphicpolitics
05-20-2008, 01:24 AM
My Minolta CF3102 was printing fine until recently. Now when I print in color, the lower third of the printed page has ghost images with the cyan and black printing. What that means is that behind those colors it looks like a cyan or black glow/smear behind the lettering, but only near the bottom of the page. Magenta and Yellow are fine. I already cleaned the fuser unit entrance and the roller as well. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this type of problem? Any help would be appreciated.

John

cobiray
05-20-2008, 02:00 AM
Make sure you use the magic wand to clean off the LED array and the erase lamp. While you have the units out, check the drums to see if there are any un erased or un cleaned images on the drums.

Also check the cleaning blade on the image transfer belt. It seems you would have all colors repeated if there was a problem with the belt cleaning though.

If none of that seems to clear it up or seems failed, try swapping units from another machine or used units.

Welcome to the board and good luck.

graphicpolitics
05-20-2008, 06:44 AM
Can you tell me where the erase lamp is located? I know where the LED's are for the colors, but am not sure where the black one is located. Thanks for your help.

cobiray
05-20-2008, 03:12 PM
The LED's are in the center of the cavity after you pull the IU out. The erase lamps are to the right of the LED's at a slight angle. If you've got a flash light you can see them more easily. LAMP is also a bit misleading. I believe it is actually another array of LED's on circuit board, but still to the right.

artfer
05-21-2008, 02:07 AM
This is caused by a IU tired drum cleaning blade, if you meet a separated one, change it. If no change the IU.
You can achieve those blades on old discharged IUs.
Good luck!!!!

graphicpolitics
05-24-2008, 08:40 AM
artfer, can you tell me what the drum cleaning blade looks like and where it is located? I tried cleaning off the LED's and erase lamps but that didn't work. I hope the cleaning blades are the problem. Thanks!

Hansoon
05-24-2008, 04:27 PM
An Online Community for Copier, Printer and Fax Technicians! Hans

cobiray
05-24-2008, 05:26 PM
The cleaning blade is inside the image unit. If it's not cleaning properly, you will probably see toner on the drum when you remove the unit. The units do not have replaceable parts in them. If the problem is in the unit, it will have to be replaced.

knightfall
05-24-2008, 07:33 PM
an easy way of telling if the cleaning blade is not cleaning properly is to sprinkle baby powder on drum and turn in the direction of its rotation if the blade is good it should clean off all the baby powder off the drum if not thats your problem.

Custom Search