PDA

View Full Version : CQ bizhub C360 Light Yellow Only on Thick 1,2,3

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
05-28-2015, 08:33 AM
We have a bizhub C360 that will print/copy just fine (good coverage/density) from any tray, in all colors, on any paper (20/65/80 lb); only as long as the paper Type is set to PLAIN.

As soon as we set ANY Tray to Thick 1,2,3 then all media (20/65/80 lb) is VERY LIGHT in YELLOW ONLY.

Already Performed:
Gradations
Replaced Yellow Drum & Yellow Developer
Added Yellow Toner via Tech Mode (3 x's) and the TCR does increase

No Change. Yellow will only have good density in media type PLAIN

Thoughts????

Thanks in Advance

imihm
05-28-2015, 12:04 PM
We have a bizhub C360 that will print/copy just fine (good coverage/density) from any tray, in all colors, on any paper (20/65/80 lb); only as long as the paper Type is set to PLAIN.

As soon as we set ANY Tray to Thick 1,2,3 then all media (20/65/80 lb) is VERY LIGHT in YELLOW ONLY.

Already Performed:
Gradations
Replaced Yellow Drum & Yellow Developer
Added Yellow Toner via Tech Mode (3 x's) and the TCR does increase

No Change. Yellow will only have good density in media type PLAIN

Thoughts????

Thanks in Advance

Hi there....
Just check and clean the yellow patch detect senor above ITB...

Thanks

allan
05-28-2015, 04:05 PM
There is Paper stock specific adjustment for the transfers current under service mode -> machine.
It could be out of adjustment?

allan
05-28-2015, 04:09 PM
There is Paper stock specific adjustment for the transfers current under service mode -> machine.
It could be out of adjustment?

Oops not under Machine but Image Process Adjustment.

Max
05-28-2015, 04:56 PM
That rules out the transfer roller as the other colours are fine. That leaves yellow I/B transfer roller. Possibly new belt or check that the yellow transfer makes solid contact with the back strip of the copier.

AjitN
05-30-2015, 04:36 AM
That rules out the transfer roller as the other colours are fine. That leaves yellow I/B transfer roller. Possibly new belt or check that the yellow transfer makes solid contact with the back strip of the copier.

I have my own doubts, If yellow is OK(As mentioned)for Plain paper First transfer roller in ITB is functioning correctly. Either thick paper density in service mode or first transfer voltage adjustment or full initialize or firmware or HV for yellow is not giving proper voltages.
Hope this helps.

splblazer91
05-30-2015, 06:32 AM
I have seen this several times on 4series machines. Upping the secondary xfer roller voltage brought colors back to normal.

darry1322
05-30-2015, 03:12 PM
If yellow is the first toner applied to the belt, it will be the last toner pulled (transferred) from the belt. Insufficient transfer could still result in light yellow composites.

This could result in poor composite colors, but should still give decent yellow only areas.

I would try adjusting transfer settings for other paper types as suggested above. It's a cheap solution if it works.

Custom Search