PDA

View Full Version : Konica c221 power board

Custom Search

Dieudos123
05-29-2015, 12:53 PM
Hi everybody,
Please anyone can help me and give ideas on repairing the power board for the printer konica C221?
In fact the problem is like this:
The power board is supposed to output 5V DC and 24V DC but now when I measure I see that the 5V is there and
the 24V is missing.
If I switch on the printer it start and does not display no error but it displays INITIALIZING and stay in that state.
Thanks in advance.

D_L_P
05-29-2015, 02:39 PM
Stuck at "initializing" sounds more like firmware, memory, or mfp controller problem. IIRC it's normal to not see 24v until mfp controller completes the initial checks and starts booting.

1) Try reseating the memory and all the connectors on the mfp controller.
2) Try updating the firmware, if nothing else this will determine if your mfp controller works. If you can't even get to the screen to select firmware upgrade it's probably a bad mfp controller.

Dieudos123
06-01-2015, 06:34 PM
Stuck at "initializing" sounds more like firmware, memory, or mfp controller problem. IIRC it's normal to not see 24v until mfp controller completes the initial checks and starts booting.

1) Try reseating the memory and all the connectors on the mfp controller.
2) Try updating the firmware, if nothing else this will determine if your mfp controller works. If you can't even get to the screen to select firmware upgrade it's probably a bad mfp controller.

Hi D_L_P
Thank you for your reply.
I did as you told me but no change.But I checked firmwares and I found the following:

Controller F/W:A6U90Y0_F000_G00_265B9D
Engine F/W:0000
Panel F/W:A6U90Y0_8000_G00_14592E
ADF F/W:A6XF0Y0_0024_G00_45000
Please tell me for the Engine firmware is it normal to have the value 0000 ?
Or that means it has no firmware?

D_L_P
06-02-2015, 08:43 PM
Please tell me for the Engine firmware is it normal to have the value 0000 ?
Or that means it has no firmware?

If it's like the c200 it may not have a separate engine pcb. I can't find a manual on the tech home page or firmware on the one stop product support. I don't think it matters if it has a separate engine pcb or not, if the mfp controller was OK it should get past initializing and would give an error for the 1st motor that attempts to turn if there was a problem with 24v supply. I remember in the analog world that was standard procedure checking inputs and outputs, but with the mfp controller's hierarchy over all other pcb's I don't it's important 24v is missing. The mfp controller will signal the power supply to activate 24v supply once it's ready.

I assume you were able to update the firmware. Were you able to get the firmware version even though it's stuck at initializing? Or was that the version you loaded?
Konica may honor a warranty claim for the mfp controller if it's less than 1 year old.

Dieudos123
06-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Hi D_L_P
Thank you for your reply.
In fact I wanted to upgrade the Engine Firmware (printing board)but I didn't because I couldn't to get it.
Please can you help me to get the firmware

Custom Search