PDA

View Full Version : C754e PDF Print Speed

Custom Search

eunos
06-01-2015, 11:57 AM
Hi all,

I'm using a batch print program (Print Conductor) to print bundles of documents.

Each document has a tabbed divider inserted before it as a front cover from the bypass tray.

When printing, there is a lag of anything between 1 to 5 minutes before the document prints, whilst the blue "receiving" light is flashing on the machine.

I really need to find a way of reducing this lag to speed up the prints. The documents being printed range from 250kb to 3mb.

If I can get the documents to spool up faster, then I will have found a quick and easy way to insert tabs into a print run, as the method of doing so through the driver is rather tedious and has a limit of 20 inserts.

I'm using Win 7, PS driver, and connected directly to machine via USB (and unplugged ethernet to stop others printing mid stack)

Many thanks,

Ben

Max
06-01-2015, 12:44 PM
Update firmware to latest, install pcl driver directly to your PC so your job doesn't have to go via a server and print via network not usb. There are a few things you can change on the driver but try those things 1 st.

allan
06-01-2015, 03:54 PM
I agree the PCL driver works best with MS.

eunos
06-01-2015, 04:51 PM
Thanks very much guys! I've switched to the PCL driver and it has made an immediate impact.. The delay between documents starting to print is now a matter of seconds rather than minutes. That's great!

Now I just have to figure out why Print Conductor occasionally fails to print documents which then ruins my collated print sequence.. Can anyone recommend a better batch printing tool?

Custom Search