PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C35 jamming / errors/ etc

Custom Search

ChrisG
06-01-2015, 06:19 PM
Is anyone else out there having multiple issues with this box? We are a smaller sized dealer with probably 30 of these machine in the field. We constantly have issues with phantom paper jams, C9401 codes, HDD full messages, etc etc. We've done all the necessary firmware updates that tech support says will correct the problems. We've replaced numerous MFP, PRCB's, scan lamps hard drives etc that will fix the problem. Is it just our luck or is this common for everyone trying to run these. If so, have you found anything besides what I've mentioned above?

Chris
TJL Copy Products

copier tech
06-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Yes we've had a few issues with this box, i've been disconnecting the HDD's on some models, this helps some boot up errors. The transfer retraction solinoid can stick causing c-0094 error, removing the tiny sound dampening pad from the solenoid sorts this issue (it turns sticky)

Pick up jams from the tray usually caused by the one way clutch & shaft, also the gudie plate above the sep pad can peel away & cause jams, I simply remove it altogether. On some models I simply fit a new paper cassette.

These are the most common issues i've seen on this model. It's mostly made of plastic so hardly ssurprising it's not a good box!

Perhaps others can add to this list off issues etc

ChrisG
06-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Yes we've had a few issues with this box, i've been disconnecting the HDD's on some models, this helps some boot up errors. The transfer retraction solinoid can stick causing c-0094 error, removing the tiny sound dampening pad from the solenoid sorts this issue (it turns sticky)

Pick up jams from the tray usually caused by the one way clutch & shaft, also the gudie plate above the sep pad can peel away & cause jams, I simply remove it altogether. On some models I simply fit a new paper cassette.

These are the most common issues i've seen on this model. It's mostly made of plastic so hardly ssurprising it's not a good box!

Perhaps others can add to this list off issues etc

We have 2 problem machines at the moment.
The 1st will declare a paper misfeed out of any tray when it hasn't ever started toengage any of the paper path. The customer was scanning this morning and it declare a paper misfeed down by the trays. Doesn't matter which tray (total of 3 cassettes) and/or whether the machine was passing paper or not. We've replaced all feed rollers, one ways for the trays, updated firmware, replaced MFP, formatted hard drive, swapped the motors from a working machine, and the door switches are new.

The 2nd refuses to duplex. It will print the first side, but will not take the 2nd side back in once it goes to reverse it. We've swapped clutches, the vertical transport assy, checked voltages, replaced MFP and PRCB, disconnected the hard drive, and of course tech support's favorite, updated the firmware. It will in rare cases do 1 two sided page. Immediately after that however it goes back to stopping when reversing the page. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

Chris

copier tech
06-01-2015, 08:43 PM
Wow sounds like you're having fun with that one!

To be honest after replacing so many parts it becomes un-economical to repair, we would swap the macine out & use the faulty machine for spares. I've heard there are know issues with the wiring loom, wires being to tight & becoming loose etc. Also fitting a new right hand door sorts many issues, but this is a time consuming job!

copyrooks
06-01-2015, 10:28 PM
We have 2 problem machines at the moment.
The 1st will declare a paper misfeed out of any tray when it hasn't ever started toengage any of the paper path. The customer was scanning this morning and it declare a paper misfeed down by the trays. Doesn't matter which tray (total of 3 cassettes) and/or whether the machine was passing paper or not. We've replaced all feed rollers, one ways for the trays, updated firmware, replaced MFP, formatted hard drive, swapped the motors from a working machine, and the door switches are new.

The 2nd refuses to duplex. It will print the first side, but will not take the 2nd side back in once it goes to reverse it. We've swapped clutches, the vertical transport assy, checked voltages, replaced MFP and PRCB, disconnected the hard drive, and of course tech support's favorite, updated the firmware. It will in rare cases do 1 two sided page. Immediately after that however it goes back to stopping when reversing the page. Any thoughts or ideas appreciated.

Chris

hi there, sorry to hear you are working on these machines.

For the 1st problem about the paper misfeed, I would check and make sure the connection to the bottom of the machine and tray 3 are connected. I had a similar case where the customer decided to move the copier themselves and the next week we had a call for jamming. Turns out the connector was half connected and after we adjusted the connectors the problem was gone.

Also on a similar note to the 1st problem I once had a customer who would stick the c35 with a copy desk in the corner of his office which happened to have a hole underneath it. The copier would jam on the 1st or 2nd copy. The customer didn't believe me at first until i moved the copier to a different spot and no jams after 100+. Finally he signed my wo and I was on my way.

For the 2nd problem you are having I myself had the exact same issue with duplexing. After having replaced everything associated with duplexing including boards, KM finally caved in and offered a replacement. The machine was under warranty also and at the time they had no more C35s in stock so the customer got a nice upgrade to a C3350. Sorry can't help you with your 2nd problem but goodluck.

ChrisG
06-03-2015, 08:26 PM
hi there, sorry to hear you are working on these machines.

For the 1st problem about the paper misfeed, I would check and make sure the connection to the bottom of the machine and tray 3 are connected. I had a similar case where the customer decided to move the copier themselves and the next week we had a call for jamming. Turns out the connector was half connected and after we adjusted the connectors the problem was gone.

Also on a similar note to the 1st problem I once had a customer who would stick the c35 with a copy desk in the corner of his office which happened to have a hole underneath it. The copier would jam on the 1st or 2nd copy. The customer didn't believe me at first until i moved the copier to a different spot and no jams after 100+. Finally he signed my wo and I was on my way.

For the 2nd problem you are having I myself had the exact same issue with duplexing. After having replaced everything associated with duplexing including boards, KM finally caved in and offered a replacement. The machine was under warranty also and at the time they had no more C35s in stock so the customer got a nice upgrade to a C3350. Sorry can't help you with your 2nd problem but goodluck.

Thanks for the replies. So far no permanent solutions have been found yet. Replacing the M2 (main) motor seemed to resolve the false jamming issue for about 2 weeks and is now back.

D_L_P
06-04-2015, 12:00 AM
Can confirm, we have a few of those in the field and they have been trouble. Not printing first thing in the morning, jams, HDD errors, 9401 errors, even after the special firmware. Been swapping them out with c203 or whatever we have available just to get rid of them. I will say the C3110 has been fine so far.

ChrisG
06-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Can confirm, we have a few of those in the field and they have been trouble. Not printing first thing in the morning, jams, HDD errors, 9401 errors, even after the special firmware. Been swapping them out with c203 or whatever we have available just to get rid of them. I will say the C3110 has been fine so far.

The only issue we've seen with the 3110's is they don't hold color registration very well. They are fine for a small business / home office type of environment but the small display doesn't offer much for the user.

Custom Search