PDA

View Full Version : Printing Mixed size from TA8001i

Custom Search

copyman20
06-02-2015, 06:18 PM
Greetings all

I have a customer that prints mixed size pdfs (letter & Legal). The trays on the 8001 is setup: tray 1= Legal, tray 2= ltr R (sef), and trays 3 & 4 are lrt (lef). When this one user print these files, the legal will pull from tray 1 and letter will pull from tray 3 or 4. No matter what setting I make on the machine, it always pulls from these trays. And the user would have to take 100 + page print jobs and manually orient them.

Now there is a work around. You pull out the trays 3 & 4 this will force the printer to pull the ltr size from tray 2. However, this will than force everyone else who print just ltr size files to tray 2. and when you have almost 20 users printing to this machine, no one is happy and defeats the reason for having a large capacity tray.

Has anyone come across a good solution for this issue? Kyocera tech support could not help (one of those "if you figure it out, let us know" answers).

thanks for reading

Tonerkiller
06-02-2015, 09:06 PM
Is this some kind of mortgage package? We have a very similar issue kyo has been working on it for at least six months. It think it is a firmware issue.

blackcat4866
06-03-2015, 12:51 AM
I know this is a workaround at best, but back when mixed original scanning seriously slowed down the DF, many of the realtors and title companies elected to turn off mixed originals, and let the entire package be printed onto legal sized paper. It can only be oriented one way. You can load both trays #1 and #2 with legal paper. The only qualifier is that the first page must be legal sized. It's not a solution, but it is an optional choice.
=^..^=

CWP
06-03-2015, 01:30 AM
Log into Command Center of the machine and go to "Settings", "Printer" and then "Media Input", then set Cassette 1 and 2 for the same group in group settings and select "Submit".

Custom Search