PDA

View Full Version : C224e paper jam 3003

Custom Search

avecosat
06-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Hi all , anyone have experience with this problem? I changed the M1, cl4, cl8, PS1 and PS3 and still the same problem .Thanks

EarthKmTech
06-03-2015, 11:01 AM
does the registration roller turn freely or is it tight ?

Once they tighten up you will get all kinds of jams occuring.

happens anywhere from 300k upwards depending on the environment

hotfuser
06-03-2015, 11:04 AM
Hi all , anyone have experience with this problem? I changed the M1, cl4, cl8, PS1 and PS3 and still the same problem .Thanks

if the copier is at a high volume try checking the registration actuator.
i have changed this a few times

D_L_P
06-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Just something to check, but I've had jamming caused by the door not shutting all they way and not enough pressure is on the vertical transport roller. I don't remember the jam code. All the rollers and clutch had been replaced but it continued to jam. When I pushed on the lower front part of the door it wouldn't jam. If you can push in the door and there's more than 1/4 in of play that may be your problem. What I did was removed the cover (see image) that had the latch and put a shim between the cover and frame so that the latch would angle toward the transfer belt more. The shim has to go opposite the latch to angle it inwards. Another time I cut a small piece of plastic and glued it to the latch.

splblazer91
06-04-2015, 01:53 AM
Clean the Registration Assy Bushings. Has fixed all of mine with this issue. Service Manual says Fuser Jam but i have yet to see one jam in the fuser with this code.

avecosat
06-04-2015, 08:46 AM
Thanks to all , is only 4K and six months old .

avecosat
06-10-2015, 04:07 PM
Just something to check, but I've had jamming caused by the door not shutting all they way and not enough pressure is on the vertical transport roller. I don't remember the jam code. All the rollers and clutch had been replaced but it continued to jam. When I pushed on the lower front part of the door it wouldn't jam. If you can push in the door and there's more than 1/4 in of play that may be your problem. What I did was removed the cover (see image) that had the latch and put a shim between the cover and frame so that the latch would angle toward the transfer belt more. The shim has to go opposite the latch to angle it inwards. Another time I cut a small piece of plastic and glued it to the latch.

29359Itīs the solution , thanks .

giddyupngo
12-11-2015, 04:17 PM
I am also getting 30-03 jams from all trays, but on a C554e. I replaced Clutch 8, replaced tires in Tray 1 and 2, but problem came back. This is a high meter machine, over 1.5 million copies. I was interested in the door problem as a possible solution, but the vertical transport roller is between Tray 1 and 2 feed units, so 30-03 jams in Tray 1 would rule out the vertical transport roller as the culprit. Paper jams about halfway through the fuser, almost reaching the exit rollers. Right now my possibilities to check are

Replace fuser (hidden paper jam)
Tighten door (hold in to check for improvement)
Check length of actuators (Worn down by 1.5 million pieces of paper?)
Check door isn't popping open momentarily, check sensors/actuators
Check Registration roller bearings, see if it turns tightly.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

kanic
12-15-2015, 02:06 AM
Faulty PS3, exit sensor. Replace sensor and actuator. If you have that many copies also replace the duplex sensor located adjacent to PS3.

kanic
12-16-2015, 12:33 PM
With over a million copies your PS3 sensor is probably bad, replace it along with the actuator. There's a duplex sensor you should change when you have that assembly out.

giddyupngo
12-18-2015, 08:23 PM
Just an update, the problem turned out to be the new clutch I installed (clutch #8). After speaking with Konica Minolta technical support, they recommended removing the clutch and cleaning it, as they have had some issues with some new clutches having excess grease inside.

I removed the clutch, took it apart, and cleaned the plates with "Blue Shower Maintenance Cleaner". After reassembling, I ran over 1,000 sheets through using paper passage test with alternating trays (no jams). The plates of the clutch were basically clean, the towel I cleaned it with showed a little dirt/grease. Could possibly have been a loose connection, by dissembling and reassembling I also re-seated a large number of connections. The bulletin also mentions making sure the wires leading to clutch #8 are not too tight, which probably could lead to loosening of the connection through vibration. Re-route it if necessary. This clutch is really buried, expect this fix to take 2-4 hours.

The bulletin number is KBA01201071

Here is the link to the bulletin, you must be logged in to Konica Minolta first.
Display (http://onyxweb.mykonicaminolta.com/kb/search/display/KBA01201071)

jonbonse
08-14-2020, 02:07 PM
Hi all

sorry to bring up an old thread but i just wanted to as the question:

I have this jam code but it only occurs when printing from cassette 3! This makes me assume the reg roller bushings, clutch 8, ps3 ps1 are all ok?

I have fitted the washers to the lower right door for jam code 2002 however it does not have the new modded transport roller. It does have new cassette rollers to include the new ribbed pickup roller...

Thanks

Albonline
08-14-2020, 04:28 PM
Hi all

sorry to bring up an old thread but i just wanted to as the question:

I have this jam code but it only occurs when printing from cassette 3! This makes me assume the reg roller bushings, clutch 8, ps3 ps1 are all ok?

I have fitted the washers to the lower right door for jam code 2002 however it does not have the new modded transport roller. It does have new cassette rollers to include the new ribbed pickup roller...

Thanks what about the one way rollers

jonbonse
08-14-2020, 04:37 PM
what about the one way rollers

Which ones are these to be sure?

tsbservice
08-14-2020, 06:35 PM
Those in cassette 3 paper feed unit. Just swap them with another from working tray and test if don't have spare ones.

jonbonse
08-14-2020, 06:53 PM
Those in cassette 3 paper feed unit. Just swap them with another from working tray and test if don't have spare ones.

The cassette rollers are brand new

tsbservice
08-14-2020, 07:12 PM
The cassette rollers are brand new

He Albonline means one-ways...me too ;)

jonbonse
08-14-2020, 07:22 PM
He Albonline means one-ways...me too ;)

Do you mean the black transport rollers seen when opening the right door?

Synthohol
08-14-2020, 10:46 PM
no, the black one way bearings that touch and turn the rollers on the shaft, they slide off for cleaning with IPA.
dont forget to scuff the shafts where the needle bearings ride and clean with IPA..

jonbonse
08-15-2020, 08:44 AM
no, the black one way bearings that touch and turn the rollers on the shaft, they slide off for cleaning with IPA.
dont forget to scuff the shafts where the needle bearings ride and clean with IPA..

Thank you!

I suspected he might have meant the one way clutches not rollers...

No that's one thing i didn't check bit will be going back so will swap round and see...

EarthKmTech
08-16-2020, 01:42 AM
something else to keep in mind with these C224 - C368 fusing units is that the black non stick film on the fusing entrance plate likes to crack and peal in the centre and cause fusing entrance jams.

You do not have to replace the fusing unit.

I disassemble it, remove the plate and slice off the offending section.

On one machine in the middle of the covid crisis where no fusers were available and i screwed it up - I removed the entire film and cleaned all the glue off. It's still working fine 3 months later.

Always seems to happen at the 300k mark on low volume machines (the factory fitted fuser, 4, 4e and 8 series have seen it)

Custom Search