PDA

View Full Version : c253 scanning problem ???

Custom Search

benbencore@gmail.com
06-03-2015, 04:54 PM
hi all,

been to a customers today. they have blurry faint grey should be black text on there pc scan. ive done a scan off DF and glass still the same. asked if others have the same problem. He said yes a few have. I am going to take my laptop and create a mini network with a cross over cable to see if its there network at fault. if it still does it after that im stuck for ideas?

copying is fine and prints of the engine!

ben

allan
06-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Have you cleaned the optics?

benbencore@gmail.com
06-03-2015, 05:28 PM
Have you cleaned the optics?

yes pal. done the optics ect. the machine had a full service as it had df jams black lines fuser gear worn. everything sorted then a user mentioned this scanning issue

Albonline
06-03-2015, 05:38 PM
look very closely at the mirrors, and the mounting clips that hold them in, also the mirror frames will bend under stress from cleaning, usually the 2/3 frame bent down. outside possibility that the whole scanner frame is bent from folks leaning on it too hard.

D_L_P
06-03-2015, 06:29 PM
To me it looks like you just need to change the 'original type' at the c253. Set the default original type to 'text' and give it a try.

benbencore@gmail.com
06-08-2015, 02:49 PM
Ive been back today and fixed the problem:
created a mini network with laptop and crossover cable. got it printing and scanning still had fuzzy scans from df and glass - so that tells me its the copier and not there network
changed setting under utility > user settings > fax/scan settings > changed standard settings to higher quality > changed 200dpi to 300 this is the highest it will go on pdf files > changed default tab in there to custom then ok

tested it and the scans where fine sent to laptop and printed and same with the customers
machine has the latest firmware so its not that. not sure what is caused the fault from beginning because photocopying is fine.

Custom Search