PDA

View Full Version : BZ951 toner soilage.

Custom Search

tech51
06-04-2015, 09:16 PM
I have a 951 which every 100 to 200k copies coats the drum carriage with toner causing white and dark areas when the charge corona and LED get dirty.
It seems to be over toning, with the toner misting out of the cleaner unit & then on to the corona etc.
The machine is in a warehouse and only prints A4 invoices which are low coverage. It can print 8k in one night shift so it's a busy machine. It has done this a few times and each time the drum & dev are changed. It's ok for a while, then it does it again. I've carried out adjustments in the KM troubleshooting guide and its on the latest firmware but it still does it.
Has anyone heard about or seen anything like this?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

blackcat4866
06-05-2015, 12:25 AM
I had a 950 that would go into perpetual "Now correcting" cycles. If it occurred on a Friday evening, the machine could conceivably run continuously for 64 hours, in which it would completely remove the green coating from the drum. Drum, blades, and developer would usually resolve it for 80K to 150K. I replaced the developing unit and experimented with toner density settings, to no affect. At one point the hotline recommended firmware, which also did not help. That machine was never fixed, so I will be very interested in what comes of this discussion.

You can forget about de-toning the developer. By the time it gets to this stage, the developing unit is nearly full, and it would conceivably take thousands of images to de-tone it. =^..^=

Custom Search