PDA

View Full Version : C224e Rare rectangular voids in scan files (compact PDF)

Custom Search

giddyupngo
06-04-2015, 09:27 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for reading.
2-3 times per month, customer is getting a single rectangular void area on a scan file, 1 inch by 3.5 inches. They are scanning legal documents through the ADF. They have never seen the void on prints or copies. Upgrading firmware from G9 to K2.
Has anyone ever seen this? Cannot scan in a sample due to confidentiality. I only have one sample.

blackcat4866
06-05-2015, 12:15 AM
Are they prohibited originals? Birth certificates, stock certificates, currency, etc., etc.

giddyupngo
06-05-2015, 03:03 PM
Good question,
The original I saw was a database record, so basically fields of text without outlined cells with some handwriting too. If the machine thought it was a prohibited original, would that trigger a code internally? Would it actually remove a section of the image?

blackcat4866
06-06-2015, 01:25 AM
... If the machine thought it was a prohibited original, would that trigger a code internally? Would it actually remove a section of the image?

I don't know the answer to that question. Typically Kyocera will produce a blank image and store an error code. Toshiba will just error out. I don't know about Konica Minolta. It's never come up. =^..^=

giddyupngo
06-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Thanks Black Cat,
I opened a ticket with Konica Minolta, this is their recommendation.

If the K2 firmware does not solve it, next 2 steps are:

replace MFPB Dimm

replace MFPB

The technician from K.M. didn't think an image would be partially erased, he thought it would be all black on printout, all or nothing in other words.

fixthecopier
06-08-2015, 10:42 PM
last time I saw someone trying to copy something they shouldn't on a newer bizhub, it just made the quality really crappy.

blackcat4866
06-09-2015, 01:24 AM
Please keep up posted on your progress. =^..^=

giddyupngo
07-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Hello,
Haven't heard of any more problems since upgrading the firmware to K2. That must have done it.
Thanks

Bob Wescott
07-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for reading.
2-3 times per month, customer is getting a single rectangular void area on a scan file, 1 inch by 3.5 inches. They are scanning legal documents through the ADF. They have never seen the void on prints or copies. Upgrading firmware from G9 to K2.
Has anyone ever seen this? Cannot scan in a sample due to confidentiality. I only have one sample.

When you say "compact PDF" my first thought is memory. Try scanning not in compact mode.

giddyupngo
07-07-2015, 09:48 PM
Good suggestion Bob, I will keep that in mind if they call back.

Custom Search