PDA

View Full Version : Lovely Dialta 350 saying "replace I/C message"

Custom Search

DadO
05-20-2008, 06:56 PM
And the biggest problem, my first di350 and gives me big headeck.
Copy count is 320K
It constantly reports "change the drum unit". I do change the drum (i have 2 of them) but nothing happens, message is the same.

Costumer shut the machine off and turned it whit this message tommorow.(it was working perfectly till today)

I tried to clear counter in service mode but there is no counter related to drum counter only i can see is an I/C count saying 18840 in PM counter (in COUNTER menu) and i can't select it.

Strange thing is....when i go to serv. mode, u must click on meter count but when i looked closely... all (i mean all ) counters are 0 (zero) and all counters in COUNTERS menu are 0 (zero) too!?

I will try to do firm rewrite tomorrow but

Is there any suggestion on this problem DEAR FELLOW TECHs? at least to try before firm rewrite since it's smelling on one of PWB's
BIG THX AHEAD!

cobiray
05-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Make sure the units you are replacing are "new" units. New meaning they have not been put in another machine first. The units have a fuse that is blown to indicate to the machine that it is a new unit and to reset the counters. You can get the fuses and replace them in the units to reset the counter, but that is the only way (as far as I know) that the I/U counter can be replaced.

fixthecopier
05-20-2008, 08:58 PM
YES, I had to change a bunch of those fuses. I think it is a .80 pico fuse. You can actually put it in the sleve with the other fuse and wrap the ends around each side rather than pulling out the old one.

DadO
05-21-2008, 06:19 AM
Thx cob and fix, i did search for fuse i just "didn't believe" that i can found one :) so it means i was looking on the wrong place :). Apparently....minolta put them....

God thing is i have 80ml fuzes (left from magicolor 2300 drum units :))

Thx for help even tho i can't forget that all counters are on 0....

Thx again!

DadO
05-21-2008, 01:21 PM
I inspected the machine and i cant find the fuse?

On what board should be that drum fuse? Main board MFP under the cover on paper exit or some other board?

wagon
05-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Take out the image unit. Warm up your soldering iron. Locate connector on back, remove (3??) screws and plate with connector should come off. Fuse is behind connector body.

cobiray
05-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Yes, the fuse is behind the connector on the I/U. You don't have to actually solder in the new fuse, or at least I never took that approach. You can place the fuse in parallel with the old fuse in the connector, or wrap the ends around the blown fuse in the connector. I've been able to just wedge it in next to the old fuse.

If I recall, the fuse is covered in a black shrink tube, and is the larger of the two covered components.

We are using Katun fuses. They are old, as we have over ordered them, but the part number was 35010515. The number may have changed, but you should be able to find it on the Katun site.

Good Luck.

DadO
05-22-2008, 07:17 AM
Hehehe bastar*s hide him pretty well but nothing can't miss "eyes of all" :D

Thx a lot partners !

Scorotron Wizard
05-22-2008, 07:28 PM
Yes
I usually snip out the old fuse and sleeve and twist the wires of the new fuse to the old 'legs' its all plastic so as long as you position it carefully it won't short out.
Incedentally on the di 200, 251 & 351 you can turn off the replace iu message by going into soft switch 418 and change from 78 to a no ending in 0
Cheers the Wizard

Custom Search