PDA

View Full Version : C3850 Firmware wont update

Custom Search

Sil80s13
06-05-2015, 07:02 PM
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Im having a problem with a firmware update for the controller. Times out on usb update through service mode. Then on direct print up date it errors out at 30%. Manual says replace mfb. Anyone else has this problem? any help is appreciated thank you.

mo0651
06-05-2015, 11:00 PM
YES!!!! Call KM and get it under warranty... This is the new KM bh500-bh420 hunk of junk. Firmware works on 1 but still takes over 10 minute per. These machines need dropped and sent back to Japan. Everyone that we have out has had some silly issue. Network settings not staying etc.... Konica tech support asked if I had tried another thumbdrive after I had gotten the engine to load and it failed on controller!! I think there is a problem with this model, EVERYTHING above the casters!! Great machine for a customer who will never buy from you again. If you like your customer, tell them to never turn it on and they will like it.:mad::mad:

Sil80s13
06-05-2015, 11:03 PM
YES!!!! Call KM and get it under warranty... This is the new KM bh500-bh420 hunk of junk. Firmware works on 1 but still takes over 10 minute per. These machines need dropped and sent back to Japan. Everyone that we have out has had some silly issue. Network settings not staying etc.... Konica tech support asked if I had tried another thumbdrive after I had gotten the engine to load and it failed on controller!! I think there is a problem with this model, EVERYTHING above the casters!! Great machine for a customer who will never buy from you again. If you like your customer, tell them to never turn it on and they will like it.:mad::mad:

LOL yeah the engine firmware worked. It's still under warranty and will be returning this thing. THX!!

wseyller
06-06-2015, 02:15 AM
I had it once too. Engine would work but not controller with USB or direct print. Was just updating it before it went out and I just decide the give up.

Edit: in my case the process completed as if successful but the version stayed the same.

EarthKmTech
06-06-2015, 03:10 AM
Got 150 of these in one installation.

Haven't had this issue yet, just touch panels failing - though haven't had to replace the revised part number ones yet, upto about 15 failed so far, 3 months in.

Oh, and the supplied transfer belts falling apart in the machine and getting stuck in there which requires brute force and ignorance to remove. though thats probably less than a dozen. So far so good.

TCR errors on a few machines black imaging units seems to no longer be an issue too.

I dont think these machines are as bad as some are thinking, KM have certainly made a lot worse in the past. And other manufacturers are certainly making a lot worse presently!

B0265
06-08-2015, 02:48 PM
I'm struggling with a C3850, the controller fw upgrading stops at 45% then it errors out with C164. We have tried several USB sticks that have worked on other C3350's, have never tried usining direct print. Engine FW worked fine to upgrade.

andyf424
11-20-2015, 07:04 PM
I'm struggling with a C3850, the controller fw upgrading stops at 45% then it errors out with C164. We have tried several USB sticks that have worked on other C3350's, have never tried usining direct print. Engine FW worked fine to upgrade.

I'm having this exact problem right now. Trying to update to version 7 to address random E codes but, it's stuck at 45%.

mo0651
11-23-2015, 08:04 PM
ummmm... See my previous post!:mad::mad::mad:

andyf424
11-24-2015, 04:57 PM
I re-downloaded the F/W and tried a different usb drive, a 4gb that my Kyocera rep gave me, and it worked. I had to do the 608-899 before the 608-999 and both worked. Weird thing I noticed though, when I did the 899, the config page and F/W version screen in service mode never showed the change. I went ahead and did the 999 and it changed on both config page and service mode. According to SSD, you have to do 899 first, then 999.

Also, if you're doing F/W for E codes, do a fax file format in service mode too while you're there. They seemed to think that helps.

They also recommend updating engine F/W, supposedly made timing changes that should make them quieter and prevent ruining the drive section. I've already had one swapped out for a drive section. I hate these boxes.

19Matt84
07-28-2016, 07:47 PM
I know this post is from a while ago, but just in case it hasn't been resolved. I just had the same issue and it was resolved by replacing the ssd board. It is listed as the SSD board in the service manual but they call it the memory board in the parts guide. P/N A3GNR71022

Custom Search