PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Develop +451 IU working in a Konica without Chipping? Parts compatability question

Custom Search

FA51
06-06-2015, 08:11 PM
Anybody had any issues fitting Develop Imaging units to a Konica machine before? Specifically a +451/C451machine?

A friend of mine has a Konica C451 and is after a magenta IU for PCQ issues and has found one on Ebay for £60 but it's a Develop branded IU610M. I can't remember if the 451 range IU's just plug and play or if they need a chip replacing. I know the c280 range tend to need drum chips swapping over.

Cheers in advance, I guess it would be helpful to know as sometimes the price difference between a Konica box and develop box with identical parts inside is astounding.

allan
06-07-2015, 06:18 AM
They do work with chips. I dont know if there would be any regional info on there. The unit should fit just fine if it does not then remove and fit the plastic rail from the existing ones.
If it does not detect the IU then there could be regional info on the chip.
Then just get a KM chip.

FA51
06-07-2015, 08:59 AM
I ķnow for a fact that they fit with no adjustments and some models don't need any chips where others do. Just wondered if anybody knew if the 451 range was one if the lucky ones. He ordered the IU so if he fits it and it says incorrect IU installeD I can get him a chip from work for a few quid. I just wasn't sure if it was plug and play as we run the firmware on all our models so we fit them for CQ problems only at work and generally if it does need a chip the lads in our office sellotape one to the box for us so when advising somebody I just wasn't sure.

Cheers for that :)

Custom Search