PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C224e with code C-9401

Custom Search

Taminol
06-08-2015, 08:29 AM
Hi guys,

Ok, we had a C224e give the code C-9401. It reset ok, all good so far. The next day it does the same thing but will not reset, the expo lamp fluctuates in intensity and then it codes out with C-9401.
There was nothing on the tech site for this code except a production line modification at the tail end of 2013, on the non e series. Our machine is only 2 months old, but we checked the CCD cable clamp. This was good.
So we took a lamp assy, SCDB and PRCB to try. None of these cleared the code, so they we left in that machine and we took the others away to fit back to our machine. This is where it’s gets tricky. The 3 parts get fitted back to our machine and we have the same C-9401 code! So that’s both machines which now have the code!
Not sure if it is relevant or not, but the donor machine is brand new and has not been set up. Although my understanding about KM boards is that if it comes as a spare part it will be new and blank. Whereas a brand new machine which has not been switched has FW and is programmed for the correct model etc.
We tried a hard reset on our device, in case the code was stored in memory, but no joy. Also, the brand new machine pre-drives for a very long time, longer than it should. But I don’t know if this is related to the code or because it hasn’t been set up.

I thought I'd ask for your valable input :-)

Max
06-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Have you tried a power supply? it is possible the faulty power supply took out your good parts as well.

Thepape123
06-08-2015, 05:28 PM
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/Users\Digifarm\AppData\Local\Temp\x10sctmp.pnghttp ://www.copytechnet.com/forums/Users\Digifarm\AppData\Local\Temp\x10sctmp.pngHi, from the service manual :

Code
C9401

Description
Exposure LED lighting failure
The output from the CCD sensor is a predetermined value or less during CCD sensor gain adjustment.

Remedy
Problem Isolation : Scanner

1 Check the connection between SCDB(Scanner Drive Board)-LU201(Led Exposure Unit), and correct if necessary.
2 Check the connector between SCDB PJ1-PRCB(Printer Control Board) CN43 for proper connection and correct as necessary.
3 Check the connector between CCDB(CCD Board) PJ3-MFPB(MFP Board) PJ01 for proper connection and correct as necessary.
4 Replace the LED exposure unit.
5 Replace CCDB.
6 Replace SCDB.
7 Replace PRCB.
8 Replace MFPB.

It can be an elettrical problem or a connection problem.

Bye.

meldwo
06-09-2015, 08:43 AM
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/Users\Digifarm\AppData\Local\Temp\x10sctmp.pnghttp ://www.copytechnet.com/forums/Users\Digifarm\AppData\Local\Temp\x10sctmp.pngHi, from the service manual :

Code
C9401

Description
Exposure LED lighting failure
The output from the CCD sensor is a predetermined value or less during CCD sensor gain adjustment.

Remedy
Problem Isolation : Scanner

1 Check the connection between SCDB(Scanner Drive Board)-LU201(Led Exposure Unit), and correct if necessary.
2 Check the connector between SCDB PJ1-PRCB(Printer Control Board) CN43 for proper connection and correct as necessary.
3 Check the connector between CCDB(CCD Board) PJ3-MFPB(MFP Board) PJ01 for proper connection and correct as necessary.
4 Replace the LED exposure unit.
5 Replace CCDB.
6 Replace SCDB.
7 Replace PRCB.
8 Replace MFPB.

It can be an elettrical problem or a connection problem.

Bye.
thanks for this post

EarthKmTech
07-29-2015, 10:14 AM
got this same issue on a brand new C224e

reseated all connectors, replaced ccd, ccd cable and lamp still no go.

going to try mfp board next.

Lamp does actually illuminate and the scanner moves to the white reference for the machine to perform its adjustment, it then turns off and throws the error every single time. This tells me it aint the prcb or scanner driver board. It MUST be the mfp board.

Will post results.

blackcat4866
07-29-2015, 07:54 PM
I don't see CCDB in your list of installed parts. I've changed a few on 654e's with success. There is a modified part number for the 654e's. =^..^=

EarthKmTech
08-04-2015, 12:33 PM
MFP board solved the problem on my C224e.

It was a new machine and failed on install at the customers site - Much embarrassment. Customer given another new machine. Crappy soldering must of been the cause as they are always tested thoroughly before dispatch, the truck drive over must of finished off the board that somehow slipped thru QC in china.

Machine lives another day and gets another chance now with another new owner.

rajeshkr9177
09-28-2015, 03:07 PM
Hi
I have a similar issue in a new C754e machine which is just 6 months old. Most of the time the error get reset after restarting the machine. Now the error is not resetting and the scanner disabled. I can still use the printer.

Kidaver
09-28-2015, 09:19 PM
So far I've had two machines throw 9403 codes....first was the DSIPB...2nd just happen and about to go swap DSIPB with another machine or the whole DF 701 if that doesn't work. Have you guys been seeing this issue?

EarthKmTech
09-28-2015, 11:02 PM
Hi
I have a similar issue in a new C754e machine which is just 6 months old. Most of the time the error get reset after restarting the machine. Now the error is not resetting and the scanner disabled. I can still use the printer.

on the c654/c754 e and non e series its almost always the CCD.

Changed a few now, never comes back again for me. Follow the service manual for procedure, I always load the latest FW on completion at first power on after fitting too. Never given me trouble yet doing it this way.

EarthKmTech
09-28-2015, 11:03 PM
So far I've had two machines throw 9403 codes....first was the DSIPB...2nd just happen and about to go swap DSIPB with another machine or the whole DF 701 if that doesn't work. Have you guys been seeing this issue?

9403 on the DF-701 is almost always the black data cable from the second side CIS to the DSIPB.

It is common enough that I carry them in the car - the early version is fat and rigid and ends up breaking internally, the current version is much thinner and more flexible.

Kidaver
09-29-2015, 02:06 AM
9403 on the DF-701 is almost always the black data cable from the second side CIS to the DSIPB.

It is common enough that I carry them in the car - the early version is fat and rigid and ends up breaking internally, the current version is much thinner and more flexible.
I was going to take a whole DF 701 and DSIPB.... I think I'll try just the cable first. Thanks

Kidaver
09-29-2015, 06:00 PM
Sure enough it was that old bulky black cable....and a pain in the ass to replace...I don't want to do that again...

EarthKmTech
09-29-2015, 09:06 PM
Sure enough it was that old bulky black cable....and a pain in the ass to replace...I don't want to do that again...

Oh, but you will be doing it again :cool:

I've had machines sold up till recently still fitted with the fat cable and had to change it. Not everyone does it though, still got LOTs of df-701's in the field with the old style cable still going fine. The problem seems to occur most on machines where the rear hinges have not been setup correctly, ie left in the factory position and the DF is able to open all the way to 90 degrees.

CraigW
09-30-2015, 06:31 PM

How in the world do you get to the screw on the white cable clamp ?? (or is THAT the tough portion ?)

Kidaver
09-30-2015, 06:50 PM
One df you could unscrew plate....other I bent it over lol

EarthKmTech
09-30-2015, 07:39 PM
How in the world do you get to the screw on the white cable clamp ?? (or is THAT the tough portion ?)

some people just cut that clamp off or cut the old cable end off when removing - I'm not one of them, but i've not heard of any issues in doing it - many have been done like this now without issue.

I remove the 2 big disk head screws that secure the feeder to the frame and rest a screwdriver handle between the feeder and the frame to hold it up while I undo that clamp screw. It's not that hard really.

KM did actually create instructions for replacement of the DF701 cis cable. I have not seen if for a long time though but it does exist. In typical KM fashion a ludicrous amount of disassembly was required in their version so i filed it in the circular filing cabinet - it came out months after i worked it out for my self.

blackcat4866
09-30-2015, 10:55 PM
KM did actually create instructions for replacement of the DF701 cis cable. I have not seen if for a long time though but it does exist. In typical KM fashion a ludicrous amount of disassembly was required in their version so i filed it in the circular filing cabinet - it came out months after i worked it out for my self.

I got those instructions. Like yourself, I balked at the vast complexity and just figured it out myself. =^..^=

Imsdal
10-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Kidaver...

what old bulky black Cable do you mean..
Do you have any number for that item..

Sincererly

David

Kidaver
10-01-2015, 02:02 PM
A3CEN11711 is the part number. It is the black cable that runs from CIS down to the dual scan pwb. Old one is thicker than the new cable.

Kidaver
10-01-2015, 02:21 PM
Oh, but you will be doing it again :cool:

I've had machines sold up till recently still fitted with the fat cable and had to change it. Not everyone does it though, still got LOTs of df-701's in the field with the old style cable still going fine. The problem seems to occur most on machines where the rear hinges have not been setup correctly, ie left in the factory position and the DF is able to open all the way to 90 degrees.

I am cursing your name this morning as I had a call come in for C454e with c9403 code...

nickel123
10-02-2015, 01:48 PM
had this problem on a new 224e during set-up. replaced the scanner assy.

Custom Search