PDA

View Full Version : Minolta CS PRO EP 1030 "C" display, can't copy

Custom Search

ferodon
06-08-2015, 12:14 PM
I can no longer make copies with my Minolta CS PRO EP 1030 , it displays "C" whenever I press the button to start copying.

Any solutions? I have unplugged it from the mains several times, still to no avail.

D_L_P
06-08-2015, 02:38 PM
IIRC, the old Electrostatic Process. After it flashes "C" does it flash any numbers? Most common codes are fuser.

To do a trouble reset you have to hold down the service button while turning on at the main switch. Look for a small hole when you open the front door or on the back cover. We used bent paper clips to push the button. Some of those old EP machines had HV pots behind the front door toward the bottom. Don't twist those, just look for a button usually just below the control panel.

If the reset doesn't work you probably need something replaced.

ferodon
06-08-2015, 07:02 PM
It flashes the number 40.

Which button is the service button?

Hansoon
06-09-2015, 06:18 AM
C40 means exposure lamp not turned on. Reset by holding the Clear/Stop Key and than switching on the machine.

If lamp is working but error returns, than likely the optics/exposure lamp area is very dusty.

Attention! Remove power cord when cleaning the exposure lamp area. Full mains present even when machine is switched off.

Hans

ferodon
06-09-2015, 09:56 AM
I don't know where the exposure lamp is. Any picture of it to aid me?

Hansoon
06-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Better get a tech, but realize that this machine is extremely old, around 16 years, and that its an outdated technology. Furthermore there are no parts available since over 10 years. Based on experience the next problem to occur will be a C-50 / C-51 error code which means a defective fuser heater and that again means a total loss....

Hans

Custom Search