Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Brother fuser film grease

This will happen way more often when compatible toner is used. It will contaminate whole printer includes fuser.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    This will happen way more often when compatible toner is used. It will contaminate whole printer includes fuser.
    Spot on the money there with the non genuine toner, But you can use it too your advantage if the customer buys the non genuine toner exclusively from yourself. Increase the cost of the non genuine toner and offer to the customer to service the printer for free when required (re grease the fuser). Customer thinks your offering outstanding service and value for money which usually results in them telling all their business friends (free advertising) result is you put more money in the bank. The key to making non genuine work is to clean out any genuine toner residue out of the printer and drum unit before switching to non genuine. Molykote HP500 grease wont work for very long as Brother is metal heater plate on metal fuser film, not ceramic heater on metal film as in hp fusers. The New Brother HL-L5200dw have a redesigned fuser which is proving to be far less problematic.

Yes they changed fusers part number several times. I have had some brand new fuser units to exhaust smell of burnt cables frightening customers that printer will be set on fire every moment...i guess they put too much grease at factory. Not fun replacing them especially on new printers but I guess it's what it's.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I have a customer that has a DCP-8155 with 575K on it, I use UniFlor 8172 Fixing film grease which usually last 6-8 months. I think I have changed the fuser unit 3 times. They love the machine and want to keep it going. From the few "newer" Brother machines I've seen I don't think they will last as long as this one has.

Quote Originally Posted by deputydogg View Post
    I have a customer that has a DCP-8155 with 575K on it, I use UniFlor 8172 Fixing film grease which usually last 6-8 months. I think I have changed the fuser unit 3 times. They love the machine and want to keep it going. From the few "newer" Brother machines I've seen I don't think they will last as long as this one has.
    Original or compatible toner? I have MFC L6900 machines when they do low coverage fusers last 250k+ prints, only original toners used. You've put in any other crap and fusers die way too prematurely.