Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

VETERAN IN NEED of Brother INTFX 775 Need handset cover!!

I have a customer that brought in a Brother Intellifax 775 that needs a cover for the handset. It had been moved from one state to another and the cover portion of the handset came up missing. This is for a Vietnam Vet. He really will not be using the fax machine other than it sitting on a shelf, but his late wife bought it for him, so it means a lot. He just wants to have it sitting out to remind him of her and when she bought it for him. This is a discontinued item from Brother, but I am hoping someone has one in the boneyard that they would be willing to send me the handset cover from. Let me know. The original part from Brother was only about $3-4.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: VETERAN IN NEED of Brother INTFX 775 Need handset cover!!

Nice story. I'll look around and see if I have it. I usually throw away any old fax stuff but will check anyway.

This is a first. Not sure if I ever saw a post asking for special help for a veteran. Hear about needing favors for churches all the time on this forum. I'm all for veterans, my dad was WWII purple heart recipient. But on a forum like this I don't think it matters. Most here will help the same whether a vet or not.

Did you check ebay? probably buy the whole fax for $5 or $10

Quote Originally Posted by ebmservice View Post
    I have a customer that brought in a Brother Intellifax 775 that needs a cover for the handset. It had been moved from one state to another and the cover portion of the handset came up missing. This is for a Vietnam Vet. He really will not be using the fax machine other than it sitting on a shelf, but his late wife bought it for him, so it means a lot. He just wants to have it sitting out to remind him of her and when she bought it for him. This is a discontinued item from Brother, but I am hoping someone has one in the boneyard that they would be willing to send me the handset cover from. Let me know. The original part from Brother was only about $3-4.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: VETERAN IN NEED of Brother INTFX 775 Need handset cover!!

All the Brother hand sets I have are black. Will keep an eye out for a white one.