Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MFC8900 Constant paper Jam

Got the service manual. All the paper sensors are turning on and off within the test mode. I looked up the last errpr code and it is 4200. Drum exceeded rotations. If that is the error why does it say paper jam under drum unit? I tried to do a factory reset, it won't reset. The manual says to press the OK key. There is no OK key. So I cannot reset to factory default. I don't want to go get a drum unit and not have it solve the error. Antone seen anything like this?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I checked all the pAPER SENSORS IN TEST MODE AND THEY ARE ALL WORING. tHE LAST ERROR CODE IS 4200.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

How much life left on drum unit?
    I hardly believe that you cannot reset the machine to factory default. If anything work you can always try memory clear from service mode. Can you post what exactly steps you followed for reset?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Reset Your Brother Machine
    Online User's Guide
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MFC8900 Constant paper Jam

Quote Originally Posted by yormets View Post
    Got the service manual. All the paper sensors are turning on and off within the test mode. I looked up the last errpr code and it is 4200. Drum exceeded rotations. If that is the error why does it say paper jam under drum unit? I tried to do a factory reset, it won't reset. The manual says to press the OK key. There is no OK key. So I cannot reset to factory default. I don't want to go get a drum unit and not have it solve the error. Antone seen anything like this?
    IF it has exceeded rotations basically it means:
    previous drum replacement wasn't reset and thinks this has gone overlife (with out message displayed)

or

this set is out of life and needs to be replaced.

the drum(s) are a very picky bunch on these units. I have had some fail w/ not even 50% life used. Brother would replace them if the EndUser has a certified tech assigned to it or the tech (preferred method) calls in the early failure and verified by PhoneTech.

you could pull drums... clean corona .. gears on drum(s) and inside unit. on gearing a tiny bit of Triflow on the pivot points. ( WIPE ANY SPILLED OIL ) I let the Drum(s) sit for a bit on shop towels before reinstalling

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....U%2BbEEXbL.jpg

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    How much life left on drum unit?
    I hardly believe that you cannot reset the machine to factory default. If anything work you can always try memory clear from service mode. Can you post what exactly steps you followed for reset?
    Enter maimt mode *,8,6,2,4 Function 03 (1) Be sure to enter the maintenance mode. (Refer to “1.1 How to Enter Maintenance Mode”in Chapter 5.)(2) Press the [0], and then the [3] key in the initial state of maintenance mode. “1.LT1 MNLOAD?” is displayed on the LCD.(3) Press the [▲] or [▼] key to select “7.PowerOnFunc ?” and then press the [Start] or [MonoStart] key. “FUNC_ENABLE” or “FUNC_DISABLE” is displayed on the LCD.(4) When “FUNC_DISABLE” is displayed on the LCD, the machine is at shipping state. Pressthe [X] key to return to the initial state of the maintenance mode.When “FUNC_ENABLE” is displayed on the LCD, press the [▲] or [▼] key to select“FUNC_DISABLE” and then press the [SET] key.“1.LT1 MN LOAD?” is displayed on the LCD.(5) Press the [▲] or [▼] key to display “8.ShippingStat?” on the LCD, and press the [OK] key.“ON” or “OFF:Change OK?” is displayed on the LCD.(6) When “ON” is displayed on the LCD, turn OFF the power switch of the machine and quit.When “OFF:Change OK?” is displayed on the LCD, press the [SET] key. The machine isreset to a factory shipping state. Turn the power off and then unplug the AC cord of themachine to finish the procedure. THERE IS NO OK KEY

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I cannot print out consumable counts. When I get the latest error code (80) the code is 4000

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    Reset Your Brother Machine
    Online User's Guide
    Can't get to the settings screen. Constant paper jam display

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MFC8900 Constant paper Jam

Quote Originally Posted by yormets View Post
    Can't get to the settings screen. Constant paper jam display
    can you get into SM without printing any thing?

record the counts from there ..
    jeez

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Drum rotations 30130. Perhaps that is it.