Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    MFC8900 Constant paper Jam

Re: MFC8900 Constant paper Jam

Quote Originally Posted by yormets View Post
    Drum rotations 30130. Perhaps that is it.
    No 'perhaps' to it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yormets View Post
    Enter maimt mode *,8,6,2,4 Function 03 (1) Be sure to enter the maintenance mode. (Refer to “1.1 How to Enter Maintenance Mode”in Chapter 5.)(2) Press the [0], and then the [3] key in the initial state of maintenance mode. “1.LT1 MNLOAD?” is displayed on the LCD.(3) Press the [▲] or [▼] key to select “7.PowerOnFunc ?” and then press the [Start] or [MonoStart] key. “FUNC_ENABLE” or “FUNC_DISABLE” is displayed on the LCD.(4) When “FUNC_DISABLE” is displayed on the LCD, the machine is at shipping state. Pressthe [X] key to return to the initial state of the maintenance mode.When “FUNC_ENABLE” is displayed on the LCD, press the [▲] or [▼] key to select“FUNC_DISABLE” and then press the [SET] key.“1.LT1 MN LOAD?” is displayed on the LCD.(5) Press the [▲] or [▼] key to display “8.ShippingStat?” on the LCD, and press the [OK] key.“ON” or “OFF:Change OK?” is displayed on the LCD.(6) When “ON” is displayed on the LCD, turn OFF the power switch of the machine and quit.When “OFF:Change OK?” is displayed on the LCD, press the [SET] key. The machine isreset to a factory shipping state. Turn the power off and then unplug the AC cord of themachine to finish the procedure. THERE IS NO OK KEY
    Why factory shipping state? Did you replace main board? If no don't mess things. Did you perform Function code 01?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Tried that too. I ordered a new drum unit. It is past 30,000

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Still in constant paper jam error 7000. Checked all the sensors with sensor check code. All are working correctly. Checked the drum count was at 30133, Ordered new drum unit. Cannot reset drum counter because machine is in a constant paper jam error 7000. Tried resetting code 01. Goes right back to constant paper jam. Took out fuser and examined all drive gears. Nothing wrong. There is no paper inside anywhere. The sensors all check out and turn off and on in sensor check mode. Time to hit this one with a sledge hammer. Thank you guys for all your help. It just isn't to be.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

From the Service Manual:

4000 - The number of rotations of the drum unit is reaching the upper limit.
    4200 - The number of rotations of the drum unit has reached the upper limit. (Printing does not stop.) Replace the Drum unit with a new one and reset the drum count, if the error does not clear Replace the Main PCB.
    7000 - The eject sensor does not detect paper pass after the registration rear sensor detected the paper pass. Remove jammed paper OR Replace Drum Unit with new one.

So one can assume you either have a DRUM ISSUE or a MAIN PCB issue, since all the sensors check out and you have confirmed that not a scrap of paper is jammed. 

FromError code 7000
    After the registration rear sensor detects paper pass, the eject sensor does not detect paper
    pass.
    <User Check>
    • Remove the jammed paper.
    Step Cause Remedy
    1 Connection failure of the develop
    release sensor harness
    Reconnect the develop release sensor
    harness.
    2 Develop release sensor failure Replace the develop release sensor PCB.
    3 Develop release clutch failure Replace the develop release drive unit.
    4 Main PCB failure Replace the main PCB ASSY.
    Step Cause Remedy
    1 The power supply waveform is
    incorrect
    Install a voltage stabilizer in the power
    supply part.
    Step Cause Remedy
    1 Foreign object inside the
    machine
    Remove the foreign object.
    Eject actuator coming off or
    caught in some sections of the
    machine
    Reattach the eject actuator.
    3 Fuser cover attachment failure Reattach the fuser cover.
    4 Connection failure of the eject
    sensor PCB harness
    Reconnect the eject sensor PCB harness.
    5 Damaged fuser drive gear Z25 Replace the fuser drive gear Z25.
    6 Damaged gears in the process
    drive system
    Replace the process drive unit.
    7 Damaged gears in the paper
    feed drive unit
    Replace the paper feed drive unit.
    8 Eject sensor failure Replace the eject sensor PCB ASSY.
    9 Fuser unit failure Replace the fuser unit.
    10 Main PCB failure Replace the main PCB ASSY.

I feel drum have nothing do with your error. If eject and reg sensors are ok and fuser with drive gears, next would be main pcb.
    As last resort you can try FW update.

PS
    Sorry for bad formatting, sending from my phone.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

yormets, man this is so frustrating. I wish i can be in your place to fight it, sadly can't.
    Me and others doing our best. I really mean i always do my best but Phil even push me next level.
    Do you need FW or any other docs?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    yormets, man this is so frustrating. I wish i can be in your place to fight it, sadly can't.
    Me and others doing our best. I really mean i always do my best but Phil even push me next level.
    Do you need FW or any other docs?
    "I really mean i always do my best but Phil even push me next level."

how so Brother? did I go wrong somewhere?

please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    "I really mean i always do my best but Phil even push me next level."

how so Brother? did I go wrong somewhere?

please advise.
    No no Bro. I mean i sent him manuals and what i will try, but really didn't have such an issue ever.
    When see your post, i went ahead and searched 8900 manual to find out what exactly error 7000 means.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks for all your help. I got used to the service manual and tried everything. Reset 01, paper sensor check, removed the fuser and checked that nothing was broken or jammed. tHE GEARS TURN FINE BY HAND. I canno t reset the drum count because you can never get to that screen. Even when you enter service mode it says Jam Error on the upper screen. Everything checks out. I gave up. It's got to be a pcb error at this point. There are so few sensors. It was easy to check them. Every once in a while you get one of these. You think it will be simple and then!!!!!!!!! The tech in me wants to know WTF it is! Can't stand to be defeated with something like this with all the info available. Machine is barely a year old with 30,130 prints total.