Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Brother MFC L-3750 CDW new toners wont reset.

Hi guys, the customer said that it asked for all 4 toners. they installed all 4 new OEM.

the 3 colors worked, but the machine still wants a black. brother sent them another, and walked them thru firmware and the manual toner reset. nothing worked.

i see in the parts book there a part called the "cartridge sensor relay flat cable". the diagram shows the sensor, and the cable but separate with an item number 9 on the cable. nothing pointed to the sensor. that's on page 1 of "frame" chapter.

does anyone know if the part number D00HND001 is both, the ribbon cable and the sensor?? or is the sensor not spared?

or has anyone run into this issue and found a resolution?

thank you very much, Jim

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Brother MFC L-3750 CDW new toners wont reset.

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    Hi guys, the customer said that it asked for all 4 toners. they installed all 4 new OEM.

the 3 colors worked, but the machine still wants a black. brother sent them another, and walked them thru firmware and the manual toner reset. nothing worked.

i see in the parts book there a part called the "cartridge sensor relay flat cable". the diagram shows the sensor, and the cable but separate with an item number 9 on the cable. nothing pointed to the sensor. that's on page 1 of "frame" chapter.

does anyone know if the part number D00HND001 is both, the ribbon cable and the sensor?? or is the sensor not spared?

or has anyone run into this issue and found a resolution?
    thank you very much, Jim
    Hey jim, I would question the LIFE left on the K drum ( K printing used more )

have seen this time and again

Hi, the machine was asking for the toner though.
    i guess i can go there and try resetting the BK drum and see what happens.

thank you very much, Jim

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonerjockey View Post
    Hi, the machine was asking for the toner though.
    i guess i can go there and try resetting the BK drum and see what happens.

thank you very much, Jim
    yes toner will be requested if the drum is over life

oh cool. thanks Phil. i will try that and let you know.

have a great day, Jim

Hi guys,
    Ok so the machine only had 3220 prints on it. The drums we're at 80%.

I cleaned the toner sensor contacts. Then took the contact board out, and 2 of the 4 wire connectors were touching.

I insulated them with electrical tape but no change.

So I told them it may need a main board and or a sensor relay board which isn't spared by brother.

They have had it 2 years so I told them to contact Brother and see if they might give them a refurbished replacement even thought it's out of warranty.

Thanks for your input.

Have a nice day, Jim.

Most brother toners have a one time reset gear on the side of the cartridge. This only works on first rotation after installation then falls out of mesh and will not reset after that unless you take it apart and reset the gear to it's original position.
    This is usually a problem with aftermarket toners but can also happen with originals sometimes if they have been thrown around and the gear falls round before installation or it just misses the reset switch inside the machine when activated.

As such there is a manual reset available to get round this.

Just google the machine number with toner reset and a You tube video will come up showing the procedure.

It can be a pain to do, if you do not hit the two keys at exactly the same time it does not respond. Also if the door open message changes whilst doing this, you need to close it, and re-open it to get the message back, before trying again.
    I have had machines that respond 1st time and also ones that take 20+ attempts to get in

Good luck

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

OP already tried 2 different toner cartridges and manual reset. Either high-voltage power supply PCB or Main PCB is dead.
    High-voltage power supply PCB is one and the same for following models and if you find one for parts may give it a try:
    DCP-9030CDN/L3510CDW/L3517CDWDCP-L3550CDW/L3551CDWHL-L3290CDWMFC-9150CDN/9350CDWMFC-L3710CW/L3730CDN/L3735CDNMFC-L3745CDW/L3750CDW/L3770CDW
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Hello, i dont k now what happened to my follow up right after, but its gone now. maybe on another "reply to sender"??

anyway, the CRUM chip contact on the machine side, i removed the cover and found two wires that appeared to be touching. inside, are bare contacts than can touch.

i wrapped them with tape, but no improvement. and the board they connect to, small easy access, isn't spared separately. so, thank you Brother.

Jim

1 open the cover manu 4 times up arrow key maintenance toner supply and reset

Best printer repair in dubai uae,uaetech,copier machine repair in dubai , website development in dubai