Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sintra
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    8

    BROTHER MFC-9140CDW - OverHeating problem

    hello, people.

    Ive got a Brother mfc-9140cdw that has the overheating problem. The machine prints 1 or 2 sheets and then goes to overheating problem. 15 minutes waiting. ive been searching and it seems a roller issue, but ive replaced FUSER, Main PCB, LVPS board and ejector sensor. Im going nuts with this printer. Does anyone have any ideia?

    best regards

  2. #2
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    BROTHER MFC-9140CDW - OverHeating problem

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,518
    Rep Power
    386

    Re: BROTHER MFC-9140CDW - OverHeating problem

    Quote Originally Posted by dadjo View Post
    hello, people.

    Ive got a Brother mfc-9140cdw that has the overheating problem. The machine prints 1 or 2 sheets and then goes to overheating problem. 15 minutes waiting. ive been searching and it seems a roller issue, but ive replaced FUSER, Main PCB, LVPS board and ejector sensor. Im going nuts with this printer. Does anyone have any idea?

    best regards
    how are the fan grids?

    filled up with fuzz?

    check the thermistors .. make sure they are set right.

    are these Genuine OEM fusers you are installing? or some cheap 3rd party rebuilds?

    Genuine OEM toners?

    what are the page counts on the unit?

  3. #3
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sintra
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: BROTHER MFC-9140CDW - OverHeating problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    how are the fan grids? - all clean

    filled up with fuzz?

    check the thermistors .. make sure they are set right. - I think it has only two termistors inside fuser - all ok.

    are these Genuine OEM fusers you are installing? or some cheap 3rd party rebuilds? - genuine OEM Fuser

    Genuine OEM toners? - Now, thats not original. They are compatible Drums and toners--- Could it be that?

    what are the page counts on the unit? - 17000 pag . brand new


    Hello

    just answered above.

    thank you for help

  4. #4
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sintra
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: BROTHER MFC-9140CDW - OverHeating problem

    hello. i was thinking. these toners have no contact board with printer. they just have the toner powder inside. It a no question regarding OEM or compatible. Do you understand me?

    does any soul here have any ideia to help?

    something i didnt mentioned before. the client tought that if he putted all toners BK it was ok. so when i received the print, it had all 4 toners genuine black.

    ive already got all drum and toners compatible except Black toner.

    thank you for help

  5. #5
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    BROTHER MFC-9140CDW - OverHeating problem

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,518
    Rep Power
    386

    Re: BROTHER MFC-9140CDW - OverHeating problem

    Quote Originally Posted by dadjo View Post
    Hello

    just answered above.

    thank you for help
    3rd party parts are SHIT


    OEM Genuine ONLY.

    see what taking the cheep route has gotten you?

  6. #6
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    BROTHER MFC-9140CDW - OverHeating problem

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    14,518
    Rep Power
    386

    Re: BROTHER MFC-9140CDW - OverHeating problem

    Quote Originally Posted by dadjo View Post
    hello. i was thinking. these toners have no contact board with printer. they just have the toner powder inside. It a no question regarding OEM or compatible. Do you understand me?

    does any soul here have any ideia to help?

    something i didnt mentioned before. the client tought that if he putted all toners BK it was ok. so when i received the print, it had all 4 toners genuine black.

    ive already got all drum and toners compatible except Black toner.

    thank you for help
    the sensors are in the drum frame .. toners don't have them

    QUIT USING THE 3rd party shit.. it destroys fuser.belt... cheep always causes more headaches.

  7. #7
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sintra
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: BROTHER MFC-9140CDW - OverHeating problem

    hello people. once again on this thread, lol..

    ive replaced the toners for originals but the drums are very expensive and not quite sure if this will solve the problem.

    it doesnt seems that original drums will make a diference with this problem.

    just to let you know that i will sell all new parts because ive just spent the triple in parts trying to solve this problem and... bummer... lol

    this is just a bad printer..

    meanwhile if any has an ideia it would be great... regards and stay safe...

  8. #8
    Technician
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Sintra
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    8

    Angry Re: BROTHER MFC-9140CDW - OverHeating problem

    hello people. Soooo... the problem was... a fan upside down.. We got a printer from another client and we compared it, saw the fan the other way around.

    Some many problems and no one noticed the fan was doing intake instead of extract... bummer...

    well, all ok now. thank you for all help...

  9. #9
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Gothenburg
    Posts
    1,118
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: BROTHER MFC-9140CDW - OverHeating problem

    Thanks for updating the thread - was this factory screwed up or might've been happened during the fuser replacement?

  10. #10
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,374
    Rep Power
    197

    Re: BROTHER MFC-9140CDW - OverHeating problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Thanks for updating the thread - was this factory screwed up or might've been happened during the fuser replacement?
    ? Fuser replacement !
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here