Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Brother MFC L5900DW Light Copy

Im totally lost with this printer/client

New Brother MFC L5900dw machine that print nicely it worked frome june 2020 to november 2020 perfectly, but now since mid november the copies are light almost unreadable when copying blue pencil ink only, the other part of the page is fine. they use the same pencil brand and color as they used before, same paper, they have a old MFC-2700W that do it perfectly same pencil ink, same paper at their other clinic

If I manually increase the contrast and density, the copies are fine, but this is a huge hassle to do every time and we shouldn't need to do so. Also, there does not seem to be a way to make increased contrast and density the default settings.

The problem is the same whether copying from the ADF tray or the glass.

Brother sent us a replacement machine, and we transferred the same drum and genuine Brother toner cartridge from the first machine to the second, and the problem persist. we tried another compatible toner also

I contacted brother like 3-4 times, did everything they asked with the client, nothing they can do about that

Sorry for my bad english

Thanks

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Post Re: Brother MFC L5900DW Light Copy

You made a mistake transfering old drum and toner to second machine. Your drum unit probably need to be replaced, those have life around 50k. On a side note it's so easy to make shortcut to predefined copy settings. High counter printers may also need laser unit cleaned/replaced.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

Re: Brother MFC L5900DW Light Copy

we tried another drum also but it is not genuine drum, for the shortcut i did it but the client is sill complaining as it take a little longer with the shortcut

Print is perfect, if i use a black pencil its not perfect but almost but the client need to use blue pencil only, it was working before so im lost printer is like 7 month only, it was still the original drum 50% life remaining when the problem started to happend

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shtroumf View Post
    we tried another drum also but it is not genuine drum, for the shortcut i did it but the client is sill complaining as it take a little longer with the shortcut

Print is perfect, if i use a black pencil its not perfect but almost but the client need to use blue pencil only, it was working before so im lost printer is like 7 month only, it was still the original drum 50% life remaining when the problem started to happend
    Don't use compatible drums they will do exactly what you described. Change the drum unit with OEM -> problem solved!
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Technician

i understand but the problem started with the original genuine brother drum, currently they are still using this drum and the problem remain, we tried only the compatible one for 5 minutes to test and the problem was also present and only when they write with these blue pencil its so weird

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

brother does not agree with generic products such as toner or drum. second copiers weren't designed for reading pencil, nor pen. i hear it from time to time the customer says well it used to do it. why doesn't it do it now? because you got lucky it wasn't designed to do what you are trying to do. but i agree with the others if you replace the drum with a genuine brother drum that will probably take care of the issue.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dalewb74 View Post
    brother does not agree with generic products such as toner or drum. second copiers weren't designed for reading pencil, nor pen. i hear it from time to time the customer says well it used to do it. why doesn't it do it now? because you got lucky it wasn't designed to do what you are trying to do. but i agree with the others if you replace the drum with a genuine brother drum that will probably take care of the issue.
    and clean the scanner glasses...

true brothers do not play well with compatible ANYTHING

Technician

Thanks i will try that on monday when the office open

if this doesnt works, what brand of printer do you suggest all they do is copy pencil ink (blue) all day

Any Canon or HP MFP printer..

Technician miller01123@gmail.com's Avatar

Get a darker blue pencil. Most copiers have a hard time seeing light blue pencil, IME.Especially a cheap one.