Quote Originally Posted by FRJ View Post
I had a customer recently bring in a Brother MFC-L3770CDW, stating that the generic (Non-OEM) TN227 (black) toner we supplied him did not work in his machine. After messing around with it for a bit, I updated the firmware thinking that the firmware version on the machine might be in conflict with the chip on the toner. The firmware was on version 1.56, so I updated it to 1.59. After updating, it went from saying "Replace Toner" to "No Toner". I went in to maintenance mode, and it gave a 2500 error (cannot communicate with black cartridge chip). I reset the black toner, swapped out the cartridge, and restarted the machine but that did not work. I unfortunately do not have an OEM toner at this time, so I was not able to test if switching to an OEM would fix it. Has anyone else dealt with an issue like this before? Any advice is appreciated.
now that you have updated the firmware, you will have to change the chip to a newer version than what was installed. The installed cartridge chip now will not work