Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Brother J6530DW Inkjet Cyan problems - trailing edge etc

So I've had problems with cyan coverage on this inkjet machine for a while. test pages etc have missing cyan bits. But docs printed using best quality settings would work ok.

I attach two scans of problem pages.

More recently, i've had a problem with a faded line on the trailing edge in Cyan. This may have started after testing printing onto just one 250gsm card sheet.

Any suggestions on what to do next?

- I've done initial and advanced purges from service menu many times.
    - Used a syringe with head cleaning solution twice.
    - Cleaned the used ink reservoirs

Cleaning the heads made quite the mess lower down in the machine. I've not managed to clear all that up yet, hence some streaks and splodges on the attached.

brother print problems_Page_2.jpgbrother print problems_Page_1.jpg

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Gift's Avatar

Re: Brother J6530DW Inkjet Cyan problems - trailing edge etc

Seems the nozzles are clogged (probably compatible ink in use) - you can turn off and on the printer and cut the power during the printhead initial run so you can move it freely. Not you can clean the nozzles with a narrow cloth soaked in isoporopanol or something fancy that is available for cleaning printheads. The easiest way to get the cloth-stripe below the printhead is just to lay it down on the area were the printhead moves around and after this move the printhead above it. Now you can put the ends of the cloth back and forth. Also clean the rubber sealing of maintanance station where the printhead usually rests on. Afterwards the print results might look even worse at the beginning so you might have to run more advanced purge cycles. This usually leads to some more or less significant improvement at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    Seems the nozzles are clogged (probably compatible ink in use) - you can turn off and on the printer and cut the power during the printhead initial run so you can move it freely. Not you can clean the nozzles with a narrow cloth soaked in isoporopanol or something fancy that is available for cleaning printheads. The easiest way to get the cloth-stripe below the printhead is just to lay it down on the area were the printhead moves around and after this move the printhead above it. Now you can put the ends of the cloth back and forth. Also clean the rubber sealing of maintanance station where the printhead usually rests on. Afterwards the print results might look even worse at the beginning so you might have to run more advanced purge cycles. This usually leads to some more or less significant improvement at least.
    thank you. they are indeed aftermarket inks.

you can unlock the printhead by holding down the home and cancel keys simultaneously. i'll try your suggestion tonight.

And thank you for the key kombo

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gift View Post
    And thank you for the key kombo
    It's still in the manual, isn't it?
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    It's still in the manual, isn't it?
    Perhaps, brother is kind of a "side hustle" for our company, so I know less about it technical wise compared to ricoh/km topics