Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Any Techs using dash cams?

I am wanting to buy a dash cam for my work car. I am wondering if any of you are using dash cams and could enlighten me on the subject. I see some cheap ones with decent reviews and I see some expensive ones with bad reviews, I do believe you get what you pay for; however, I do not want to overpay, either. I think I would like one with front and rear view, a decent picture with at least 120 degrees in the front , and possible night vision. I just started researching and I would like to make an informed decision. Any suggestions or experiences would be appreciated, TYIA.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Any Techs using dash cams?

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    I am wanting to buy a dash cam for my work car. I am wondering if any of you are using dash cams and could enlighten me on the subject. I see some cheap ones with decent reviews and I see some expensive ones with bad reviews, I do believe you get what you pay for; however, I do not want to overpay, either. I think I would like one with front and rear view, a decent picture with at least 120 degrees in the front , and possible night vision. I just started researching and I would like to make an informed decision. Any suggestions or experiences would be appreciated, TYIA.
    last employer wouldn't let me: Carry my legal weapon ( CCW )
    didn't want any sort of " dash cam" in his car.

Personally I have equipped both my can n truck with " COP CAM about a 1" cube.. infra red nite time .. regular day both with sound... 8GB SD card and can be charged via USB ( charge n record @ same time )

It has caught my neighbor twice now messing with my car dog and stuff in my yard ( court case pending ) $29.95

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    last employer wouldn't let me: Carry my legal weapon ( CCW )
    didn't want any sort of " dash cam" in his car.

Personally I have equipped both my can n truck with " COP CAM about a 1" cube.. infra red nite time .. regular day both with sound... 8GB SD card and can be charged via USB ( charge n record @ same time )

It has caught my neighbor twice now messing with my car dog and stuff in my yard ( court case pending ) $29.95
    Cop Cam™ - The Wireless Security Camera Small Enough to Hide Anywhere!

Use to record my trips to show the boss where my little car was driving to get to the schools in the bush. Guys in there fancy SUV's did not want drive those paths.
    Did not have money so i used the company Samsung S2 they gave me. Worked great.
    Played music used the GPS and the camera for hours on end unless its a super hot day.

Would be great if we share some footage of the places we go!
    Whatever

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

As a driver you have to watch your back now, sad but true.

Nextbase
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Here is SA we drive on the left of the road. In reality we drive on what is left of the road.
    Samsung S2...

Still the most beautiful place.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Here is SA we drive on the left of the road. In reality we drive on what is left of the road.
    Samsung S2...

Still the most beautiful place.
    Well other than the 'fants..the road there looks like rural NC VA

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Former KM Senior Tech 500+ Posts srvctec's Avatar

I've had one for years in my company vehicle. I never even asked, I just wanted one because of all the idiot drivers around here. This video is from my first crappy dash cam from 5 years ago. It clearly shows the IDIOT that ran a red light that had been red for many seconds. His insurance company wanted to blame me until they found out I had video. That shut them up real quick and they didn't hesitate to fix the vehicle.

<br>

I've since upgraded to a GoPro clone used as a dash cam which has a full 1080p resolution allowing clear views of license plates if needed. No wrecks since the above video but in case there is, I'll have evidence.
    Started in the copier service business in the fall of 1988 and worked at the same company for 33.5 years, becoming the senior tech in 2004 but left to pursue another career on 4/29/22.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post
    I've had one for years in my company vehicle. I never even asked, I just wanted one because of all the idiot drivers around here. This video is from my first crappy dash cam from 5 years ago. It clearly shows the IDIOT that ran a red light that had been red for many seconds. His insurance company wanted to blame me until they found out I had video. That shut them up real quick and they didn't hesitate to fix the vehicle.

<br>

I've since upgraded to a GoPro clone used as a dash cam which has a full 1080p resolution allowing clear views of license plates if needed. No wrecks since the above video but in case there is, I'll have evidence.
    I had the same thing happen to me a long time ago, before dash cams. I was in the company service car, the light was clearly green, then this car came from no where and hit me hard enough to spin my car in a 360. As soon as I got out of my car, the family of people all said I ran the red light, I was shaken up and in shock and almost started to believe what I heard. Then, a person who had witnessed it, stated to me that they are lying and she would be a witness. They all must have colluded in the 5 minutes before I spoke them, even the people in the back seat were saying that they had the green light...jeez, what a bunch of scum bags, did not even ask if I was okay, as I took the majority of the impact. They were found to be at fault thanks to a witness.

Quote Originally Posted by srvctec View Post

<br>

boss never felt they were needed.....

I have a "cop cam" in ALL my cars/trucks... never had an accident .. but i leave them on A.T.T. ! And it helped in a recent case of "neighbor vandalism"! we are just waiting on court date.. their lawyer has no idea I have tape on them trashing the 50cc scooter on my back deck... gunna be at least 500+ to fix AND i will demand they pay my court costs since this is just an on-going issue with them.