View Poll Results: What age group are you in?

Voters
192. You may not vote on this poll
  • 18-30

25 13.02%
  • 30-40

30 15.63%
  • 40-50

40 20.83%
  • 50+

97 50.52%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: What age group are you in?

Old tech here.57 and been doing it for 35 years.I did learn networking.Got myself Microsoft certified along with A+ and network+.It helps out a lot.The only problem is that customers think that because they have a service contract for the machine we should do their network work for FREE.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    What age group are you in?

40 years old, started working in this industry in 2002, at that time, HP 4 +, EX, 1100, 6L, Ricoh FT4490, Toshiba BD1550, Canon NP1215, NP2020, NP7130,

Technician

I will be 33 started working on copiers when I was 21 as a setup tech. I then moved into the field and Production KM equipment.
    I've jumped companies and after being here 5 years I moved over to more of the IT side as an installer/analyst.
    Service still has me help every now and then since I'm trained on everything KM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    You will still find lost of Océ wide formats that use the toaster. If its been off for some time it gives of a puff of smoke on startup.
    Oldest machine i worked on was a Ricoh that used a flash bulb to expose the image at once on a photo sensitive belt had this weird camera lens that looks like one of those first cameras.

Sure the older guys would know these.
    Oh those things were fun. Xerox used them a lot in their production analog machines think 1090, 5680 maybe? I think Kodak and Canon had a machine back in the day that used them Canon 9800 II maybe? I can't remember the model numbers.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I've seen a few, but no idea how they worked.

A customer would drag one of these things out of the closet and ask me how it worked. I sure don't know. It's no technology I've ever seen. =^..^=

I believe it was the same principle has the moving and stationary scanners except the lense took and entire image at once and the charge went on a belt then moved to attract the toner then moved to transfer to the paper. I've only seen them in the 80+ppm to 135ppm analog machines. I think the idea was to save on wear and tear of a moving scanner but I remember older machines about as fast with moving scanners that predated them.

The only other reason I can think of to use the stationary lense is that Kodak actually had an old machine also rebranded as a canon and Kodak used to be big into cameras so maybe they owned the technology rights but not a moving scanner rights.?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Started in 1984 , I caught the tail-end of Minolta’s liquid 201 or 301, all chains & relays in the rear panel, not sure if I fixed it or not. Not Important now,Then came EP 510 with white fuser rollers, EP 520 orange fuser rollers. Sure I may not have kept up with technology thou, in the day I was in the top 5 techs for many years at a Minolta owned subsidiary branch. Two president trips, Hawaii and Switzerland,Could never have afforded these trips. In the analog days it was good to be a MacGyver type, But Kudos to you Young & Older Bucks on this Great Forum that have kept up with technology. Copytechnet has played a part why we are still in business, So Thank you ALL for ALL Your Help, Past, Present and Future. All I can say is Thank you to those who worked on bigger pieces of crap before me.
    So Yes I am in the Category that has the over 50+ in it. Thank God
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day,Teach a man to fish he eats for a Life time.

Wow, I was expecting the average age would be lower..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

61. been doing this for just over 40 years

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

65.....I rock . other techs in my company can't touch me...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Started straight out of high school in 1984. Anybody remember RBC 155/122's. We bought a tracker truck load for $25 a piece one time. LOL! 36 yrs later I own a small dealership and still enjoy going out making service calls. I'll be turning 54 this year. Spring chicken!

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk