Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Oldest machine you ever worked on

Worked on a Mita DC-152 about a year ago, I think it was 20 or so years old?

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    I have no idea how old it was, but I have never seen another one like it. It was called a "band printer". It was huge. It had all of the letters and numbers stamped into a metal band that was on two metal pulleys that moved back and forth while a hammer struck the letters against an ink ribbon. Kind of like a typewriter from a tech's nightmare. I was so proud I fixed it, I had only been in the biz for a year.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

Xerox 3100

The first copier I worked on was a Xerox 3100, It was built in 1973 and it was 1985 when I worked on them. You would return home everyday coated in toner. Roger

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    The oldest i ever worked on was................

Well she was about 50 I was early 20's - she had blonde hair don't know if she still had her own teeth but as they say "don't look at the mantle piece when your poking the fire"

Is that the question being asked? if not boll**ks to much info!!!

HEY IT WAS DARK - I COULDN'T SEE OK SO JUST LEAVE IT

MR. COPY

Oldest machine worked on.

The oldest copier I ever worked on was an Olivetti- Canada Copia II model. This was the first copier they made. It was a liquid coated paper unit, console design. The year was 1967. Didn't work very well so they ended up going to Sharp to manufacture future products.

unTrusted Tech 250+ Posts imaginemoko's Avatar
    No Wonder those Guys above are brilliant when it comes to the business of Copiers.... they are repairing already when am just 2 years of age..... hehehehe.... but oldest so far.... Ricoh FT 5632, FT 4422, FT 7650, FT 3713... am just new kids on the block...
    fix the customer first then fix the machine... its simple and makes life more easy.

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    How about the 3M thermal transfer copiers, with the Pink and white paper. Also came in an automatic model the 3M 209. I worked on those back in the late "70's". What nightmares. Also a lot of AB Dick 675's, Savin 220.. How about that 3M VQC3?
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Does anyone remember the 3M Magnadry, or Sharp 720, or like me, try to forget them Really makes you appreciate some of the developments that have been made.

Technician
    A royal, can't remember the model #. But I worked on plenty of Sharp 726 toaster oven machines back in the "Golden years" lol

And I remember doing drum hubs all the time on the old Sharp 741 toaster oven copiers.

Technicien de copieur 100+ Posts Zoren's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Mine was a Mita 900D.
    i remebered this model when i was just an apprenticed back in '89. our warehouse have tons of these model stack filed one after the other... and my seniors used to say these models are the "coffins of the dead copiers"...

...........might as well add to your moving table, DC 111&131
    Just came out from hybernation.....