Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
You should go to owner of company and show him in black and white how he is losing money!

Almost reminded me of my friend who works for a large Kon/min dealer who's sales people were selling a high volume box with service contract that included everything for 1/2 cent per page. He said they lost money big time. Maybe the model was C6500? he said print shops were running 2 sided 11x17 thick stock going through $1,000 fusers every month or two!

Also a lot of money is lost when machine is not set to double click for 8.5x14 & 11x17

You have to keep in mind most sleazy sales people only are worried about making their commission on the sale and will promise "anything" to get that. many times only to leave the service dept to lose money over life of copier!

Aaaah yes the half penny or less contracts...they are a dangerous game to play. Lowest I've ever seen was an acquaintance of mine had a small offset and digital print shop. He got like 200,000 b/w pages a month from Xerox and overages were something like 0.002 (so less than half a penny) and he said it did not count double for 11x17, so they'd "2 up" everything and cut the paper in half. Granted Xerox has more wiggle room than most but I thought this sounds too good to be true...well when you dug deeper, the monthly cost on the machine was really high (I thought), and I think they leveraged the b/w against the half million dollar color machine he also had in the shop. So think of it more as we will make more on the color and entice you with this package deal by almost giving b/w away. I think the only way it worked out good for him was that super low overage rate and a decent color rate. But again most of the difference was made up in the base machine costs themselves. Kind of glad I'm out of the biz because there's too much bullshit games that get played. I like a nice simple fair plan that anyone can have. oh well.