Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

How Much For Rent??

Where I work our sales lady is horrible. Moves machines by giving them away pretty much. She rents many machines for around $50 a month. There's no way that's the going price for a midsize copy machine with scan, print, and sometimes fax. Got to be too cheap.

I'm just wanting to get some prices you guys see copy machines are renting for in your area.

Thank you so much for any help

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    How Much For Rent??

Re: How Much For Rent??

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Copier View Post
    Where I work our sales lady is horrible. Moves machines by giving them away pretty much. She rents many machines for around $50 a month. There's no way that's the going price for a midsize copy machine with scan, print, and sometimes fax. Got to be too cheap.

I'm just wanting to get some prices you guys see copy machines are renting for in your area.

Thank you so much for any help

Going rate depends on CPM, and wheather supplies are included; base rate plus copies/prints made.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOTECH View Post
    Going rate depends on CPM, and wheather supplies are included; base rate plus copies/prints made.
    Thank you very much for the reply. I understand the rent it's going to depend on what the customer is getting. What I am thinking is a 35 page per minute copier (kyocera 3500i), set up to scan and print, an optional fax for 10 extra dollars a month. I believe such a thing without fax and 2000 copies included should be priced right around $100 a month.

Am I shooting a little high on the $100 a month? Where I currently work they charge around $50 month for such a thing. Oh yeah, toner is included in the price and there is a maintenance agreement of course, it's a rental. Thank you for any replies!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

first copier cost to buy and including any maintenance needed to get it ready plus if you had to go get it include that cost or ship to you. now figure out how quickly do you want to recover your money that is your monthly fee for copier now add in service how much a month do you want to charge and how many copies will be included in monthly fee. Now decide if your market will handle that monthly charge.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    How Much For Rent??

Our average price for rentals is around $200 per month. This includes an allotted amount of pages. Overages billed at 8 cents for color and 1.5 cents for B&W.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

First thing is make sure your monthy price will pay for machine in 3 to 5 months.
    Color we rent alot of Ricoh Mpc 4502/5502 which cost around 500 to 600 with good meters.
    The base rental of 150 includes 2,000 bw and all color is 6 cents per page.
    Black white we use Kyocera and charge 150 for up to 5,000 pages. Even if they only run 2 or 3 k its still 150.
    It would take you at least a year to even make a penny at 50 a month.
    1 service call sets you back a month or 2 just in labor cost.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    How Much For Rent??

The deal our sales staff touts is $99.99 per month <35ppm. I'm sure there's some wiggle room. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    How Much For Rent??

$ 150.00 for B/W with no supplies. With copy allowance. Color 375.00 with toner and copy allowance.

Technician

Thank y'all so much for your information! You all gave me exactly what I was looking for!! Well, all this tells me exactly what I suspected, I work for a VERY dysfunctional company. (Website has a 1990's copyright date at the bottom of it, no shit)

My company allows the sales lady to set pricing and she doesn't know what shes doing. Shes also done things like set the per page rate on the kyocera M2635dw and then go sell them. She went and sold some of them and a few months later, someone decided to put pencil to paper, and perhaps check out the specs on the damn machine...come to find out, shes pricing copies at .015 and it costs .016 to even make a copy with OEM toner. Too bad the generic toner isn't working on this relatively new machine. No possible profit to be had! Anyway, that's just one example of the ignorance I've seen in 3 years...

Thanks again for your input, yall have a great evening!

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    How Much For Rent??

You should go to owner of company and show him in black and white how he is losing money!

Almost reminded me of my friend who works for a large Kon/min dealer who's sales people were selling a high volume box with service contract that included everything for 1/2 cent per page. He said they lost money big time. Maybe the model was C6500? he said print shops were running 2 sided 11x17 thick stock going through $1,000 fusers every month or two!

Also a lot of money is lost when machine is not set to double click for 8.5x14 & 11x17

You have to keep in mind most sleazy sales people only are worried about making their commission on the sale and will promise "anything" to get that. many times only to leave the service dept to lose money over life of copier!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Copier View Post
    Thank y'all so much for your information! You all gave me exactly what I was looking for!! Well, all this tells me exactly what I suspected, I work for a VERY dysfunctional company. (Website has a 1990's copyright date at the bottom of it, no shit)

My company allows the sales lady to set pricing and she doesn't know what shes doing. Shes also done things like set the per page rate on the kyocera M2635dw and then go sell them. She went and sold some of them and a few months later, someone decided to put pencil to paper, and perhaps check out the specs on the damn machine...come to find out, shes pricing copies at .015 and it costs .016 to even make a copy with OEM toner. Too bad the generic toner isn't working on this relatively new machine. No possible profit to be had! Anyway, that's just one example of the ignorance I've seen in 3 years...

Thanks again for your input, yall have a great evening!