Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Toner copyright patents

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    hey jesus savior........
    dont you have all the answers?
    remember in life one is judged by his actions and his words..
    You made the post and your words are yours,so own them..........
    Really?? Making an hint to Jesus? 😂 Wtf. 😂 I was asking a question, for God's sake. Oh nevermind....

Quote Originally Posted by savi0r View Post
    Sorry for reviving this old thread, but is it legal to sell xerox metered toners on open market? I see a lot of companies here in Europe who sell metered toners or other supplies. I am just curious how things stand in this matter.

Hey if you feel these guys here up the wrong way you will get these responses. Funny business here don't fly well. And this is funny business.

Law about this would be different from place to place.
    If you come across abandoned toner its a shame to see them go to waste.
    Here the law states if you have no running agreement like a service contract and the supplier leaves there goods on your site for longer that 3 months your are entitled to sell it.
    So if a contract ends and it takes the supplier more than 3 months after fair warning, you can do with it as you please.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Hey Allan. Thank you for the responses. Let me explain the whole deal to all of you : i live in romania. Here the minimum wage is 270 euros, something like that. ONE colour toner for a xerox workcentre 7120 costs 140 euros. I buy used xerox machines from various suppliers across Europe and among copiers , many sell metered toners, drums, fusers, etc. So i am not buying directly from companies wich have a contract with Xerox. I just want to save me some money and ALSO the customer by buying these metered toners and reselling them at a much lower cost than those on the market. This is all i want to do and i am asking if it is legal because i don't want to get in trouble. That's all there is to it. No cheating, no stealing, no lying, no nothing. I am just trying to save me and my clients money.

Hey Allan. Thank you for the responses. Let me explain the whole deal to all of you : i live in romania. Here the minimum wage is 270 euros, something like that. ONE colour toner for a xerox workcentre 7120 costs 140 euros. I buy used xerox machines from various suppliers across Europe and among copiers , many sell metered toners, drums, fusers, etc. So i am not buying directly from companies wich have a contract with Xerox. I just want to save me some money and ALSO the customer by buying these metered toners and reselling them at a much lower cost than those on the market. This is all i want to do and i am asking if it is legal because i don't want to get in trouble. That's all there is to it. No cheating, no stealing, no lying, no nothing. I am just trying to save me and my clients money.
    No that would be wrong to do for sure. They are supplying you with stolen goods and even if you knew that or not you will get into trouble.
    Trouble by means if you were doing it knowingly and gets proven its theft. If they can't prove it, it will be confiscated with no compensation anyway.
    Here we call it hot toners. I make sure they are ice cold before i touch them.

I know of companies that will microdot there parts and toners.
    Whatever

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Wht do you mean by "ice cold"? Is there a time limit or other factors that make these toners ok to buy or sell?

If you accept minimum wage for repairing these printers then you should reevaluate what you do. Minimum wage would be for unskilled labor.
    South-Africa the minimum wage would equate to 205 Euros.
    Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    Hey if you feel these guys here up the wrong way you will get these responses. Funny business here don't fly well. And this is funny business.

Law about this would be different from place to place.
    If you come across abandoned toner its a shame to see them go to waste.
    Here the law states if you have no running agreement like a service contract and the supplier leaves there goods on your site for longer that 3 months your are entitled to sell it.
    So if a contract ends and it takes the supplier more than 3 months after fair warning, you can do with it as you please.

Here for you to read again.
    Whatever

Wht do you mean by "ice cold"? Is there a time limit or other factors that make these toners ok to buy or sell?
    Some times its not cost effective for the companies to reclaim used equipment and over delivered toners and they end up abandoned.
    Especially if they got upgraded by the competition.
    Whatever